Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-25-2011, 12:17 AM)golem09 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2011, 12:15 AM)vortextk Wrote: [ -> ]Disabling ztp hack? You had it on?

I hadn't even found the menu where you can change this until now, and it was on by default.

Are you talking about the square in that box, or a check mark? A square in that box doesn't exactly mean "on".
I'm pretty sure square is "default" like if you have a square for HLE emulation it will use whichever you choose from the DSP menu while checkmark uses HLE and clearing it uses LLE. Since there's no other place to change the ZTP hack setting as far as I know I don't really know why a default option is needed in addition to on and off.

Speaking of the game properties -menu does anyone else think it would be a good idea to be able to set ALL settings seperately for each game if you want to instead of just some of them? Currently depending on the game I have to turn on/off audio throttle, LLE on thread, AA etc. It would be nice to set them for each game once.
(08-25-2011, 01:26 AM)n-fani Wrote: [ -> ]Speaking of the game properties -menu does anyone else think it would be a good idea to be able to set ALL settings seperately for each game if you want to instead of just some of them? Currently depending on the game I have to turn on/off audio throttle, LLE on thread, AA etc. It would be nice to set them for each game once.

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=16548

In the mean time if you want "pergame" settings you could use this little program i wrote.
Very nice, thank you.

maatdk

played the game around 4 hours
23-25 fps the game runs increible smooth , sound only slow sometimes in some cute scenes but now always also sometimes freezes

BlueBikinis

^
Same here played around 4-5 hours. Crashed one time. Sound only got messed up during the snow scene, then it went back to normal after that.

clickboom83

Hi there,

I have Xenoblade Pal version.

My rig is in the signature, so I am not lacking in power, however my experience with Xenoblade has been marred by constant stuttering. I understand the frame-rate drop is expected but the stuttering can get really persistent sometimes, whereas many forum memebrs are reporting no stuttering at all. I am using the latest Dolphin build 7719 (perhaps that's my problem?)

I want to play this on my 1920x1080 as best as I can, and I am getting completely lost in the settings. Please someone help me out? Judging from my rig, what do I need to do to smoothly play Xenoblade? I am using the LLE options in DSP.

In essence, what Dolphin version, or settings do you guys recommend? I am getting a whole spectrum of answers, and are a bit confused as to whether to use the latest build or the ICC builds or...

Thank you for any help. I am getting desperate since many are reporting stable gameplay experiences, and this is a wonderful game that is frustrating me.

Cheers
(08-24-2011, 09:03 PM)vortextk Wrote: [ -> ]If you want to play this game at 30fps, where 30fps is regular speed and not 120% speed if you try to brute force it with dolphin, you can use this courtesy of kas1m. This will make the game smoother on a 60hz display but will also mean if you drop frames to 22 or 24, that will be a noticeable speed loss now than 30fps is needed for 100% speed. You might want to keep an extra backup of the game to see if you can run it well at 30fps.
Quote:I've made a patch(if you don't want to bother with editors), you can download it here: http://www.multiupload.com/0HT3E314L0
Open "patcher.exe", select "as-xeno.iso", then select "patch.ppf", and click apply.

Yeah, I actually was hoping there was something to just boost it up that extra 5 FPS without increasing the game's speed. Is there, by chance, a patch that does this same thing, but pushes the FPS up to 60 while still running normal speed? Big Grin
Constant 60 fps would require a really fast CPU. Not sure if mine could even do it since if I turn off fps limit it reaches about 55 in big areas. Might work with HLE.
(08-25-2011, 04:27 AM)n-fani Wrote: [ -> ]Constant 60 fps would require a really fast CPU. Not sure if mine could even do it since if I turn off fps limit it reaches about 55 in big areas. Might work with HLE.

I'm just kidding, 30fps looks great with that patch.