Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thats a quite diference, but I won't change my CPU in a long time (MOBO, Rams, etc). My Q6600 still manages to be fast, so probably I'll change my GPU (a GT 8800) and then in 2 o 3 years later everything, probably in that time the Sandy bridges will suck and there will be DDR4 memories xD.

Changing the subject, there is something really weird that happens in my experience.

Sometimes when I load the game, the game runs slower than usual (at 22-25 FPS in maps and battles) but if I close Dolphin and load again the game, in the same area, the game runs at 30 FPS very smooth and in Battles between 27-30 FPS (120% speed aprox).

So I constantly restart Dolphin till the performance is good. I don't now what may cause it.

Using the filthy xenoblade bluid and the usual config (DC, Iddle, Vbeam, etc, but lock thread to cores dissabled, for some reason the game runs a bit faster with that dissabled).

Kazumal

Howdy.. I was curious to see if anyone would be willing to hook me up with a save game.

My wii got stolen along with.. well everything else I own sigh.. so I now turn to dolphin to play my copy but i have lost my save data I was near the end of the game and playing through another 60-80 hours seems a bit too much.

I need a save somewhere around the Fallen Arm / Central Factory.

If anyone could help I would be greatly appreciative.
Howdy All

My Specs:
Intel Core 2 Extreme Q6850 3.0ghz (OC 3.33) (Quad Core)
Gigabyte NVidia GTX 560 Ti Super OC Edition
4gb DDR2 800
Windows 7 64bit

Been trying multiple builds of Dolphin to find one that both runs fast AND doesnt crash, so far i have not found one that can do both.

Best iv found is r6856m x64 with Xenoblade HLE hack, runs fast (d3d9) with certain settings but crashes, with other settings (openGL + other tweeks) it runs slow but doesnt crash.

Can any1 with simular specs, or who knows som1 with simular specs tell me which revision of Dolphin i should be using along with the settings so that it can run fast without crashing al lthe time pls.
I run mine at 1920x1080 with the Internal Res set to 4x Native (2560 x 2112) with no slowness at all.

Specs:
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.40 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5850 (GDDR5 1024MB)
OCZ 6GB DDR3-1333
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)

Dolphin Settings:
Revision: 3.0-201-Dirty
D3D9 > 4X SSAA > 16X AF > EFB Copy To RAM (Enable Cache: Texture Cache - Fast)
Resolution: 1280x720 if Windowed (usually for Fraps videos), 1920x1080 Fullscreen on 40" HDTV OR if I want to make a 1080p video on my computer monitor as well.
Aye simular to what i run at atm.

Found a build by FilthyMonkey "dolphin-3.0.96-sse3-xbpatch31" which had speed and efficency paches on aswell as the DSP HLE patch for Xenoblade. Apprently according the FilthyMonkey the crashing issue was due to the XAudio2 option being used so i used DSound.
Was going fine but after about 2 hours max .. it crashed out of the blue Sad

FPS was good considering how high i have the settings for the old CPU ,as good as another build i used atleast, 26-24fps most of the time, in very very intensive scenes it would fall to ~20.

Im on a 42" Plasma TV so kinda have no choice but to run at high res less the picture look shitty Tongue
I run at 1920 x 1080
4x Internal
No AA (not rly need imo)
16 AF
Not that it matters tbh, i dont gain much if any fps by droping the internal resolution or other 'general' graphics settings.
Anyway il ltry that build, but the latest 'vanilla' builds of dolphin tend to run extremel slowly on my comp so i wont hold my breath.

Ill presume it wont work so can i ask if any1 else has or knows a build + settings that can run Xenosaga without crashing ?
(12-01-2011, 07:34 AM)SolarNova Wrote: [ -> ]Ill presume it wont work so can i ask if any1 else has or knows a build + settings that can run Xenosaga without crashing ?

No such build.
(12-01-2011, 07:57 AM)naoan Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-01-2011, 07:34 AM)SolarNova Wrote: [ -> ]Ill presume it wont work so can i ask if any1 else has or knows a build + settings that can run Xenosaga without crashing ?

No such build.

Yes, there are builds with no crash: all of them if you disable "Dual Core" option xD

Well, beated the game and done all the major sidequest (beating que lvl 100+ monster).

Simply an awesome game, the best j-rpg of the gen by far (even better than Lost oddysey, Tales of vesperia or Valkyria Chronicles).

140+ hours into it and dolphin run it almost perfect, the only problem are the random freezes.

My specs:

Q6600 2,4Ghz @ 3,2 Ghz
6 Gbs of ram
Geforce GT 8800
Windows 7 x64.

My PC is like 3-4 years old, so with a good cpu or a decent one overcloked, you can run this game without any problem. Normally runs at 30 FPS only slowdowns when you are facing like 5+ enemies but it drops to like 23 FPS, nothing too bad.

The weird thing is that with Malek bluid, he recomend playing without a frame limit, but if I play with those settings, I get like 15 FPS.

Had to play singled cored the last part of the game though, I didn't want an unespected freeze in the ending. But the game froze after beating the last boss even with DC dissabled, so I don't think that is the solution for the freezes.
Cant run with a single core, tis fine running around ..just .. but when fighting the fps just drops waaay to low. I cant expect my old CPU to handle an emulator using 1 core.

i've tried another couple revisions with and without certain hacks and such but still crashes.

Tis a shame.. like the game..alot.. but, cant stand the crashing all the time. Guess ill have to come back and try it again in a couple months. If its never fixed guess ill do without Sad

ill keep checking on the fourms see if its ever fixed.. tbh i dont see why it cant be fixed, its a bug, and every bug can be fixed. Alass seems ether the dev's dont got the skills to find and fix the bug, or they aint working on it anymore.

Anyhoo thanx for the replies peeps.
(12-02-2011, 02:54 AM)SolarNova Wrote: [ -> ]Cant run with a single core, tis fine running around ..just .. but when fighting the fps just drops waaay to low. I cant expect my old CPU to handle an emulator using 1 core.

i've tried another couple revisions with and without certain hacks and such but still crashes.

Tis a shame.. like the game..alot.. but, cant stand the crashing all the time. Guess ill have to come back and try it again in a couple months. If its never fixed guess ill do without Sad

ill keep checking on the fourms see if its ever fixed.. tbh i dont see why it cant be fixed, its a bug, and every bug can be fixed. Alass seems ether the dev's dont got the skills to find and fix the bug, or they aint working on it anymore.

Anyhoo thanx for the replies peeps.

Rule no.1: Never complain about free stuff.
Rule no.2: Never complain about free stuff.
and most importantly:
Rule no.101: Never complain about free stuff. Take it or leave it as it is.