Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tried both Xaudio and Dsound. I get freezes for both, though Dsound is definitely more stable.
I just beat the game.
Great game, I loved bs, world and ost.. but really.. worst character ever.... the story is great but they destroy it with bullshit.
(09-09-2011, 08:11 PM)claire85gr Wrote: [ -> ]I just beat the game.
Great game, I loved bs, world and ost.. but really.. worst character ever.... the story is great but they destroy it with bullshit.

Congrats, the game is indeed a lovely game, but what do you mean with 'worst character ever'? I think the characters are loveable, very nice to play/see. Some characters couldve gotten more/better skills though.
Since you have the exact same rig as me, how was your performance? Mine was for the most part (except for some parts endgame) fullspeed.

Exclamation SPOILER ALERT (DO NOT HIGHLIGHT IF YOU HAVEN'T BEATEN THE GAME)
[color=#efefef]At the final battle with Zanza, did you also get significant lags when Zanza summons his minions? (Mine dropped from 30 to 25-ish and when everyones using skills goes down to 20)
It only happens when his minions are summoned, if not it's 30fps constant.[/color]
Lvl 99 + All item/weapon unlocked , game finished
38 hours on laptop
Hi everyone, it's my first time trying to emulate a game on my pc so sorry in advance for the noobishness.

I've got this amazing game for wii and out of curiosity i just wanted to play it in high definition to view thoese amazing panorama as better as i can, so i tryed to run this dolphin emulator.

As far as i've gone, i didn't find a single distribution that could work on my pc.
I mean, when i try to load the game's iso, the emulator just crashes.

My pc specs are :

Win 7 ultimate (32 bit)

4 Gb ram (only 3 used, because of a mistake with the so)

Processor : AMD Athlon 7850 dual core 2,81 ghz

Graphic Card : ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Till now i tried to use the following versions :

All of these took me to the same results : while loading the iso the software crashes telling me he have some problem with cache memory.

I've also tried to change configuration as suggested in other topic, but didn't have luck...

Could someone help me plz?

Thank you in advance!
(09-09-2011, 08:56 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Lvl 99 + All item/weapon unlocked , game finished
38 hours on laptop

Congrats, very nice achievement, have you done all the quests/heart to hearts? :3
How do you know you have all the items? Or did you mean the collection book?

I beat the game in around 80 hours, progressing slowly, exploring etc :3
working on a 2nd playthrough now, and not skipping the 'unique' monsters/places.

(09-09-2011, 09:28 PM)Roby1kenoby Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, it's my first time trying to emulate a game on my pc so sorry in advance for the noobishness.
----
----
Thank you in advance!

Hey Roby, could you post a screenshot/text of the exact error(s) you are getting?
Are your drivers/directX, Visual Studio 20xx(not exactly sure if they used 2010 or 2008 or even 2005) redist up to date?

(09-09-2011, 09:33 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Have you done all the quests/heart to hearts? :3
Yup , 100% unlocked
You can gain <3 when fighting (press "b" button or sth...) and complete all quest

(09-09-2011, 09:33 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]How do you know you have all the items? Or did you mean the collection book?t
You won't able to collect any (blue) item when you pass through them

I played this game so many time on my wii...then dolphin
Back to play Shogun 2 total war Smile

(09-09-2011, 08:36 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2011, 08:11 PM)claire85gr Wrote: [ -> ]I just beat the game.

Congrats, the game is indeed a lovely game, but what do you mean with 'worst character ever'? I think the characters are loveable, very nice to play/see. Some characters couldve gotten more/better skills though.
Since you have the exact same rig as me, how was your performance? Mine was for the most part (except for some parts endgame) fullspeed.

Exclamation SPOILER ALERT

No it didn't lag

By "worst character ever" I mean.. how they react. It's a mess..

Spoiler:
[color=#efefef]When Egil explains that all living things on bionis are just food for bionis, they dont say nothing. [/color]
They don't even listen to him ._. it's like "oh, then?" it's so sad.. and it happens every single scene ._. they do not care about nothing except going to the bad guy
(09-09-2011, 09:33 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2011, 08:56 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Lvl 99 + All item/weapon unlocked , game finished
38 hours on laptop

Congrats, very nice achievement, have you done all the quests/heart to hearts? :3
How do you know you have all the items? Or did you mean the collection book?

I beat the game in around 80 hours, progressing slowly, exploring etc :3
working on a 2nd playthrough now, and not skipping the 'unique' monsters/places.

(09-09-2011, 09:28 PM)Roby1kenoby Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone, it's my first time trying to emulate a game on my pc so sorry in advance for the noobishness.
----
----
Thank you in advance!

Hey Roby, could you post a screenshot/text of the exact error(s) you are getting?
Are your drivers/directX, Visual Studio 20xx(not exactly sure if they used 2010 or 2008 or even 2005) redist up to date?

Sure! This time that i've tryed to mount the image again it didn't tell me anything specific :\

[Image: errordhz.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

VoilĂ !

I think it's not too much of a help, it just list the cpu and graphic card specs :\
than the software goes berserk -.-
(09-09-2011, 09:52 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Yup , 100% unlocked
You can gain <3 when fighting (press "b" button or sth...) and complete all quest

You won't able to collect any (blue) item when you pass through them

I played this game so many time on my wii...then dolphin
Back to play Shogun 2 total war Smile

Wow, seriously? You collected like, 99 of every collectable item AND materials and such? That's insane! XD
Who were your favorite characters/team you played with?

I kept Shulk in the party all the time, and played a bit with [color=#efefef]Melia[/color] at the end.
I think now in my 2nd playthrough I'll try to play as someone else and just dump Shulk... but since he has the 'you know what' now, which looks awesome, I'm not sure :3

(09-09-2011, 10:27 PM)claire85gr Wrote: [ -> ]No it didn't lag
By "worst character ever" I mean.. how they react. It's a mess..

They don't even listen to him ._. it's like "oh, then?" it's so sad.. and it happens every single scene ._. they do not care about nothing except going to the bad guy

I dont remember that part exactly, but wasn't that when [color=#efefef]Shulk tries to help Egil? Or was it before?[/color] Either way, it definitely would've been nice to see them -care- more about that, but since [color=#efefef]Shulk only cares for Fiora and wants to take revenge for her etc[/color] he doesn't mind about it appearantly but was glad to see him [color=#efefef]care more about the Bionis and the others towards the end.[/color]

(09-09-2011, 10:46 PM)Roby1kenoby Wrote: [ -> ]Sure! This time that i've tryed to mount the image again it didn't tell me anything specific :\

VoilĂ !

I think it's not too much of a help, it just list the cpu and graphic card specs :\
than the software goes berserk -.-

Hmm... a generic crash... there's alot of possibilities, alot of users are also getting this issue.
So lets start from the beginning...

Like I said, check if you have the Visual Studio 2010 Redistributable installed if not get it here and install it.
Install DirectX, yes you have some files installed by default, but do it, as you might miss some files.
Get a more recent build (it may or may not work better for you)

If you have the redist installed already, you should uninstall them and reinstall these, sometimes there's odd conflicts/issues/corruption.

Also try to switch to D3D9 back-end instead of OpenGL. And last but not least, if it still doesn't work, try compatibility mode, some users got it to work that way if it keeps crashing.