Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-08-2011, 12:05 AM)Pantekarp Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-28-2011, 01:42 AM)SamSoNight Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-27-2011, 09:08 PM)NintendoPower Wrote: [ -> ]I need to know how to run Jap wii games without the crashing or freezing using Dolphin 3.0

AFAIK all Xenoblade versions crash randomly for some people. No solution at the moment.

Hello. Try to use OpenGL instead of DirectX. It helped me - no crashes. Sometimes (rarely) game freeze for a moment (less than a second), sound glitch happens but then it continues to play while in DirectX mode it will crash (i think).

Btw, I couldn't solute audio problem unless i changed sound quality to 32KHz instead of 48. Maybe it will help to someone too.

How far are you into the game though? The crashes didn't start for me until Satorl Marsh.
The crashes are totally random.

In my experience, at first crashed like every hour (first crash at the first cutscene with Shulk and Fiora) and sometimes in the first 5 minutes. Then the game didn't freeze for like 20-25 hours of play. Now its freeze like the first time, sometimes its manages to be stable for an hour and others 2-3 minutes and crash.

The thing is totally random and luck based. I'm 50 hours into the game. Good thing is the save anywhere feature of the game. Only the crashes in cinematics are annoying.
(11-08-2011, 10:50 PM)Turelio Wrote: [ -> ]The crashes are totally random.

In my experience, at first crashed like every hour (first crash at the first cutscene with Shulk and Fiora) and sometimes in the first 5 minutes. Then the game didn't freeze for like 20-25 hours of play. Now its freeze like the first time, sometimes its manages to be stable for an hour and others 2-3 minutes and crash.

The thing is totally random and luck based. I'm 50 hours into the game. Good thing is the save anywhere feature of the game. Only the crashes in cinematics are annoying.

I have the same problem, it also occurs in custom builds.

I really don't know what causes it, but in my experience, I can get hours of uninterupted play, then it crashes, then I try again the next day really.

I call it the 'its time to go to sleep' crash.

and thanks to the save feature, I literally don't mind it. I just have to save regurlarly, and when it does crash, I just turn everything off and turn in for the night, try again tommorrow.

I don't think it is much of a problem, I bought the game.

I just want to play it in HD.

jasker

I have a 2005-2006, Socket 939 AMD Opteron 185 running around 2.7 ghz. I've been messing with the settings all night and still get a sound crackle any time I am in a merchant menu. That's not the only time just the most obvious. Is my CPU just too slow to keep the sound up? On the intro video there's only a slight amount of crackle on a small part. Using Pal version.
@jasker

I'm afraid that'll be to slow to get rid of the sound issues.
What FPS are you getting? And what Dolphin version are you using?

jasker

Depends. Using 'HLE_Hack 3.0-72'. Looking at 16 FPS when Shulk walks into the lab and talks to Dickson. If I limit FPS to 25 runs what I would call decent some of the time.
(11-10-2011, 04:48 PM)jasker Wrote: [ -> ]Is my CPU just too slow to keep the sound up?

yes.

jasker

(11-11-2011, 01:46 AM)naoan Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-10-2011, 04:48 PM)jasker Wrote: [ -> ]Is my CPU just too slow to keep the sound up?

yes.

I've got the settings to run well enough that I can tolerate it. So far.
Well, if you think so...
It's a very weak CPU for Dolphin. You are not going to get 100% speed and, then, sound is going to be affected too...