Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Did you make sure you use Enable audio throttle? I don't get the garbled sound.

(08-30-2011, 09:02 PM)Bighead Wrote: [ -> ]Seems the audio crackling happens in LLE as well. I have used multiple revisions, couple in the 7000's, v3.0, and v3.0-71. Problem happens in all. Audio begins to sound garbled and crackly. My specs are: Intel Core i5 2500k at 4.8Ghz, 8GB DDR3, and GTX560. Using the region patch I get 30 FPS solid, 3x internal res, 1920x1080 monitor res, all filtering setting jacked. FPS never drops below 30 (but does hit 31 here and there), but with LLE audio crackles after awhile, especially when I'm messing around in the menus. It happens usually after about 30m-1h of gameplay. It might happen because of the 30 FPS patch, dunno, never tested it. Game running at 25 FPS isn't smooth enough for my eyes.

The only revision I found that has worked for me, was the one by FilthyMonkey on the page found HERE. It is v3.0-71 with the Xenoblade patch included.

Unfortunately I have to use HLE for this revision. I wanted to test LLE to see if the crackling is resolved, but it sounds awful because the pitch of the audio seems to be a lot lower than it should be. But using this revision + HLE, I put in a solid 3 hours and have yet to hear any audio distortion.

Edit: I have also failed to mention I've tried all kinds of settings as well: JIT and JITIL recompiler, lock threads to cores, DSPLLE on thread, enable audio throttle, XAudio2 and DSound backends, FPS limiter off, on and off for all options. Nevertheless, when the gameplay starts to reach the 1 hour mark, the audio starts getting all crackly even with LLE. The only resolution is to save, close the game, reload (or use the revision with HLE I mentioned before). The longer I leave it run, the worse the audio distorts and sounds all garbled.

Figured it was about time i posted my experience with this game aswell.

I am using revision 6856m from Mylek, which has the first version of his audio patch applied. He also has v. 3 patch build in, in 7719m. I have yet to switch over to this revision, as the sound problems with 6856 are so insignificant that i havent bothered to change rev.

I am not as far into the game as wooter, but i HAVE spent over 30 hours in the game so far, NOT A SINGLE CRASH. And rev 6856 is the first and only revision that i have tried for this game.

1 SINGLE revision tried, no crashes with 30 hours of gameplay and sound problems so small that i didnt bother to change. It CAN be done peopleWink

I got my rev from this thread, though its been posted here a few times already:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=14356

Phaddie

Hey guys,
I have been running the game no problem (other than sound) on 7714M. I just updated my Nvidia drivers for my GTX-580 and now the game is all messed up. Here is a shot of the intro screen:
[Image: Gameissue.jpg]

I did not change any setting. Thoughts?

-Phad
Alright, i've tested Mylek's 7719m xenoblade v3 build http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid169235 (Post#39)
and haven't run into any audio issues as of yet, even got a slight fps increase during battles compared to 7714m which went down to about 20/23fps, now it sits at 28 in battle and 29 out (not sure why the 30fps patch isn't giving me 30 but no big deal)

didn't bother with Lectrode's r7490 build as I couldn't load my 30 hour save or savestates for that matter, but feel free to try it
(08-31-2011, 01:20 AM)Phaddie Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,
I have been running the game no problem (other than sound) on 7714M. I just updated my Nvidia drivers for my GTX-580 and now the game is all messed up. Here is a shot of the intro screen:

-Phad

Roll back your GTX 580 drivers to the previous version from the newest, keep going back a version till you find one that works. failing that try the build I linked.
I'm new to Dolphin, but I downloaded the latest revision and everything has been really smooth. I run it at 1920x1080 and have the internal resolution set to 3x. I haven't enabled any of the hacks nor advanced features, and have been running it with HLE and XAudio2. I did get issues when I ran it at 4x internal resolution, but 3x has been great and looks just as good. I do get a little crackling audio when moving through menus, but it's not very noticeable. I'm about to try Mylek's build and see if that helps, though.

I'm somewhat amused that I did a lot of work to import the game and play it on my Wii, only to later learn about Dolphin and then play it on my PC. It looks so much better it's ridiculous. No more horrifying aliasing! You can really appreciate the details and the art a lot more without it being obscured by blurriness and jaggies.

Phaddie

(08-31-2011, 02:25 AM)dabunnyman Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, i've tested Mylek's 7719m xenoblade v3 build http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid169235 (Post#39)
and haven't run into any audio issues as of yet, even got a slight fps increase during battles compared to 7714m which went down to about 20/23fps, now it sits at 28 in battle and 29 out (not sure why the 30fps patch isn't giving me 30 but no big deal)

didn't bother with Lectrode's r7490 build as I couldn't load my 30 hour save or savestates for that matter, but feel free to try it
(08-31-2011, 01:20 AM)Phaddie Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

-Phad

Roll back your GTX 580 drivers to the previous version from the newest, keep going back a version till you find one that works. failing that try the build I linked.

Yeah that build works. Now how do I get my save games into that version of Dolphin? (noob here sorry)

Phad
Dolphin/user/wii/title

Wink

@wooter - considering how awesome the voice acting is... i need audio
but thanks for the amd build..
User\Wii\title\00010000 for Xenoblade

or failing that savestate where you are in the old build, copy contents from (oldbuild)User\StateSaves\ to (newbuild)\User\StateSaves
then hit f1, save in-game when the state loads

Any opinions on the OpenMP Texture Decoder option? I have an i7-920 @ 3.2GHz and I noticed in another forum someone recommending it, but I don't like to check options blindly. I prefer to ask people on the official forums. Smile