Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Flavahbeast

I'm getting 100% performance nearly fulltime with perfect sound most of the time using Mylek's latest build and accurate Vbeam emulation. I still get some brief freezes when loading some new areas or objects and once every couple hours the client hangs entirely but it's pretty smooth compared to my old setup. Using Mylek's build without Vbeam was keeping me in the 70-90% performance range even with all the graphics options set at default, with Vbeam performance stays at 100% almost all the time even with the AA and native resolution cranked up

My setup is
AMD A6-3650 @2.6ghz
Radeon 6770
8gb DDR3
Windows 7 64

(When I first tried to emulate the game a few weeks ago on a core2duo @ 3ghz the game was really chugging along at 50-70% performance with choppy audio and frequent freezes. The biggest culprit behind your performance woes is probably your CPU. But for me at least, Vbeam was a huge factor too. Also my sound still goes nutty if I don't use Mylek's patched version[/align])
(09-10-2011, 05:52 AM)captaink Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2011, 05:41 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]Go to the graphics settings/hacks/ and disable efb copies/ram.
Also overclock that cpu. Dolphin uses only 2 cores,so its like basically you have dual core 2,40 cpu which does not sound enough,now does it ? Smile

I honestly don't know. I don't have a good feel for the minimum requirements to run dolphin.

I would rather not mess with OC, if it comes to that, I think I will have to pass on this game.

Honestly q6600 at stock speed is going to be a huge bottleneck for that 560 ti gpu you have in a lot of pc games,not just dolphin. You rig is not balanced,you kinda have to overclock it Smile
It's not really complicated,you can find instructions on the internet. Just getting it to 3 ghz will make a huge difference and your 560 ti will work much better Smile
Did you try disabling ram option under efb copies ? Game was stuutery for me untill I did that,only thing that messes up are screenshoots when saving. Worth trade off for a lot of speed
(09-10-2011, 07:21 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2011, 07:06 AM)Roby1kenoby Wrote: [ -> ]Done, and thx for the link!

Nope, same results, afer traying to clear the cache the software crashes :\

Just for verification, did you reboot after installing the redist and directX?

Do you have any USB devices plugged in (controllers etc not your keyboard and mouse)?
Also, check your audio DSP options and make sure HLE is selected instead of LLE.

No, i didn't reboot, i'll try tomorrow (going to sleep right now).
Also i'll set thoese things you suggested.
And no, i haven't any usb devices plugged in.

Thank you for your patience!

captaink

(09-10-2011, 08:07 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2011, 05:41 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]Go to the graphics settings/hacks/ and disable efb copies/ram.
Also overclock that cpu. Dolphin uses only 2 cores,so its like basically you have dual core 2,40 cpu which does not sound enough,now does it ? Smile

I honestly don't know. I don't have a good feel for the minimum requirements to run dolphin.

I would rather not mess with OC, if it comes to that, I think I will have to pass on this game.

Honestly q6600 at stock speed is going to be a huge bottleneck for that 560 ti gpu you have in a lot of pc games,not just dolphin. You rig is not balanced,you kinda have to overclock it Smile
It's not really complicated,you can find instructions on the internet. Just getting it to 3 ghz will make a huge difference and your 560 ti will work much better Smile
Did you try disabling ram option under efb copies ? Game was stuutery for me untill I did that,only thing that messes up are screenshoots when saving. Worth trade off for a lot of speed

I may try to overclock.

Disabling the RAM option didn't seem to have any effect.

someONEgood

I had a question I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to solve.
I have xenoblade patched with 30FPS patch from teh wiki running on the x64 xeno build from this thread.
It works great, always at 30FPS etc etc.

The only weird problem I have is I'm using a wireless 360 controller configured as a classic controller. It works great for both this and MH3. What's happening though is during cutscenes when the button icon appears to seemingly continue the cutscene... the cutscene continues on it's own immediately without any sort of input? Almost like it's registering a button press when there is none. So sometimes the dialogue goes to fast for it to really sink in.

I've completely cleared the wii remote keybinds, set dead zone threshholds higher (just in case fidgety joysticks were to blame), and even disconnected the controller during a cutscene, and it still occured. If I go to the wiimote config tab while the game is running... occasionally it flickers, like it's getting the slightest input, even though it's not showing actual button presses. Does the game automatically progress through cutscenes without a button press, or is my input genuinely FUBAR'd? Don't know how better to explain it. There's no botched inputs during regular gameplay.... everything works perfectly. It's only during cutscenes it progresses automatically as if a button had been pressed. Any ideas?
(09-10-2011, 03:48 PM)someONEgood Wrote: [ -> ]the cutscene continues on it's own immediately without any sort of input?

Take a look at the game options menu within the game. It's there.
Ok, done everything you guys suggested but didn't have luck :\

Also, this morning my pc downloaded new catalyst driver (just to let you know).

As always, at clearing code cache the sw crashes.

Is there a more accurate way to post you a log for giving you better info?

someONEgood

(09-10-2011, 05:49 PM)hye Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2011, 03:48 PM)someONEgood Wrote: [ -> ]the cutscene continues on it's own immediately without any sort of input?

Take a look at the game options menu within the game. It's there.

D'oh! I had a sneaking suspicion to look there and never did. Appreciate it, thank you!

Illynir

(09-10-2011, 09:56 AM)captaink Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2011, 08:07 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]

I may try to overclock.

Disabling the RAM option didn't seem to have any effect.

I have a Q6600, and it mounts easily to 4 GHz without problems, no overheating, I even managed to reach 4.6 ghzSmile

Flavahbeast

(09-10-2011, 08:07 AM)rpglord Wrote: [ -> ]Did you try disabling ram option under efb copies ? Game was stuutery for me untill I did that,only thing that messes up are screenshoots when saving. Worth trade off for a lot of speed

I changed this option and haven't had any freezing at all in the couple hours since, I'd definitely recommend that + vbeam emulation for the biggest performance bumps as far as non-default options go