Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I never thought trying that, because i have a 260GTX, which is only Directx10 capable, but I've changed the graphic plugin and... it's working, and i don't know why.

:?
I updated my XBox 360 Controller Button Pack to v1.4, adding a few Tutorial screens I missed. Link here.
Was wondering if I could get some advice on running the game. I've already read through the majority of this thread, and I've tried multiple builds that claim to fix (or at least help lessen) the audio problems. None of them worked at all. I've tried running those builds with HLE and LLE enabled, and I've also tried just running plain 3.0 with HLE/LLE. I've also tried disabling idle skipping like it says in the games property notes, but that didn't help at all either. The emulator also seems to crash very frequently (every 20 minutes or so), and I can't seem to figure that out either. Here are my system specs...

2600k @ 4.5
SLI 580
8GB of ram
XiFi Titanium HD
Windows 7 Home 64bit

As you can imagine, the game itself runs fine fps-wise. Even @ x3 native and LLE enabled, it stays at full speed. It's just the crashing and the audio problems that I'm having issues with. The intro sequence is pretty bad, for instance. As soon as that guy with the monado sword runs up and starts slashing stuff for the first time, the game just micro-freezes like crazy and the sound loops for like 2-3 seconds every 2-3 seconds.

Anywho, any advice or help would be much appreciated.
Anyone else got huuuuge slowdowns in Valak Mountain?
I could play almost perfectly at eatch place before but this area brings down my speed to 12-20 fps.
Anyone knows an option or a hack which might help here for a little while?Huh
(09-27-2011, 03:25 PM)nekroturkey Wrote: [ -> ]As you can imagine, the game itself runs fine fps-wise. Even @ x3 native and LLE enabled, it stays at full speed. It's just the crashing and the audio problems that I'm having issues with. The intro sequence is pretty bad, for instance. As soon as that guy with the monado sword runs up and starts slashing stuff for the first time, the game just micro-freezes like crazy and the sound loops for like 2-3 seconds every 2-3 seconds.

That's odd, I never ran into audio issues in my 80 hours of play. Have you tried the Xenoblade -audio fix- build?

With that setup, you should be able to run this game flawlessly ofcourse. Have you tried disabling your SLI setup?

(09-27-2011, 04:17 PM)Hulander Wrote: [ -> ]I could play almost perfectly at eatch place before but this area brings down my speed to 12-20 fps.

If I were you I'd mask that -spoiler-.

But anyway, that's nothing when you get into the next area's your FPS will start to drop even further. And when you finally reach the last area, you'll probably produce 2fps or something. But it differs xD
(09-27-2011, 05:42 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2011, 03:25 PM)nekroturkey Wrote: [ -> ]As you can imagine, the game itself runs fine fps-wise. Even @ x3 native and LLE enabled, it stays at full speed. It's just the crashing and the audio problems that I'm having issues with. The intro sequence is pretty bad, for instance. As soon as that guy with the monado sword runs up and starts slashing stuff for the first time, the game just micro-freezes like crazy and the sound loops for like 2-3 seconds every 2-3 seconds.

That's odd, I never ran into audio issues in my 80 hours of play. Have you tried the Xenoblade -audio fix- build?

With that setup, you should be able to run this game flawlessly ofcourse. Have you tried disabling your SLI setup?

Yep, I've tried that build + like three other ones suggested in this thread. It always seems to microstutter/audio skip in the same exact places too. Right as that guy with the monado sword comes in and starts killing the robot guys during the intro, it'll start happening. Disabling SLI didn't help either.

Are there some sort of specific settings I'm supposed to be using with these patched builds? Because I feel like I've tried every combination of settings and still end up with the same results. lol

edit: I tried getting past the intro to see how the rest of the game plays, but it's still just as bad. The battles are unbearable because the game just starts freezing like crazy with that audio loop thing going too. Every build I've tried has the same problems in the same places, regardless of what settings are being used.
(09-27-2011, 08:01 PM)nekroturkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-27-2011, 05:42 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]

Yep, I've tried that build + like three other ones suggested in this thread. It always seems to microstutter/audio skip in the same exact places too. Right as that guy with the monado sword comes in and starts killing the robot guys during the intro, it'll start happening. Disabling SLI didn't help either.

Are there some sort of specific settings I'm supposed to be using with these patched builds? Because I feel like I've tried every combination of settings and still end up with the same results. lol

edit: I tried getting past the intro to see how the rest of the game plays, but it's still just as bad. The battles are unbearable because the game just starts freezing like crazy with that audio loop thing going too. Every build I've tried has the same problems in the same places, regardless of what settings are being used.

Might be worth a shot, but have you ever tried removing your soundcard and just using the onboard audio? Maybe there's an audio conflitct since it seems your having alot of audio issues. I use just the onboard audio when I play anything in Dolphin, including Xenoblade, and I don't have any audio issues using HLE.
posting your setting would also help people who want to help you, btw.
(09-27-2011, 03:25 PM)nekroturkey Wrote: [ -> ]Was wondering if I could get some advice on running the game. I've already read through the majority of this thread, and I've tried multiple builds that claim to fix (or at least help lessen) the audio problems. None of them worked at all. I've tried running those builds with HLE and LLE enabled, and I've also tried just running plain 3.0 with HLE/LLE. I've also tried disabling idle skipping like it says in the games property notes, but that didn't help at all either. The emulator also seems to crash very frequently (every 20 minutes or so), and I can't seem to figure that out either. Here are my system specs...

2600k @ 4.5
SLI 580
8GB of ram
XiFi Titanium HD
Windows 7 Home 64bit

As you can imagine, the game itself runs fine fps-wise. Even @ x3 native and LLE enabled, it stays at full speed. It's just the crashing and the audio problems that I'm having issues with. The intro sequence is pretty bad, for instance. As soon as that guy with the monado sword runs up and starts slashing stuff for the first time, the game just micro-freezes like crazy and the sound loops for like 2-3 seconds every 2-3 seconds.

Do you have fraps enabled when that happens ? Make sure to pay attention to fraps when that is happening. Is there any fps drop below 25 fps ? Even for just a second ?
Try running in it dx11 mode see if that helps.

Illynir

(09-27-2011, 04:17 PM)Hulander Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone else got huuuuge slowdowns in Valak Mountain?
I could play almost perfectly at eatch place before but this area brings down my speed to 12-20 fps.

Yeah, enable Display Cache List option Hack for this area.

disable after.

No slowdown Smile