Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Xenoblade [NTSC-J]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

rhodric

Thanks everybody for the feedback. Guess it's time for me to shop for a upgrade.

(08-05-2012, 11:18 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]As for Rhodric, his CPU should turbo boost up to 2.8GHz on two cores.
This should give him (relatively) smooth gameplay.

Post your settings too.

Since I'm playing on a laptop, should I be worried about overheating when I turbo boost my CPU?

Here are my settings.

Your CPU should turbo boost by itself.
I do suggest you download RealTemp, and monitor your CPU temperatures while you play Xenoblade.
That way we can see if your CPU is overheating and throttling.

Could you also tell me where exactly you're experiencing these slowdowns?
The areas that you visit later in the game are more intensive than Colony 9, etc.

rhodric

(08-06-2012, 10:39 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Your CPU should turbo boost by itself.
I do suggest you download RealTemp, and monitor your CPU temperatures while you play Xenoblade.
That way we can see if your CPU is overheating and throttling.

Could you also tell me where exactly you're experiencing these slowdowns?
The areas that you visit later in the game are more intensive than Colony 9, etc.

I haven't gotten very far yet, but I lagged at the tutorial battle vs Mechons. Then I was fine after that until I got to Colony 9 and started lagging again. The lag drops me down from 25 fps to 15-19 fps. It's playable most of the time, but every once in a while, it slows down to a crawl.
Your CPU is just too slow Wink

Trihugger

Edit: I fixed my own problem. To anyone else who has problems with the Monado III, make sure you're using D3D9 instead of 11.

Trihugger

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I managed to re-acquire my damned issue while still using D3D9.

Any time the Monado (in any form) is on the screen, the graphics turn into this pixelated jumble of shit and the once smooth gameplay is also gone.

In short, equipping the Monado (whether it be Dunban or Shulk) creates some sort of strange problem where the graphics get super pixelated and the program becomes sluggish to the point it is not playable. Unequipping the weapon fixes the problem and we revert back to blissful beauty (well... better than the Wii anyway).

I am using the PAL version as I like the japanese voices, namely Dunban (Vegeta ftw).

The rig is beastly:
i7 3770k Ivy Bridge @ 4.5ghz
GTX 690
16gb 2133 RAM
240 GB SSD

My settings are similar to those Garteal posted a few pages back with AA turned off and the like. Has anyone else had this problem or at least heard of it happening?

I'm going to continue to tinker with stuff and hope/pray something magically works.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Update: Somehow the AA got turned back on. Disabling it fixes the terrible game play problem, however, everything still looks terrible. And by terrible I mean worse than the Wii. Back to tinkering.
Update #2: Switching from RAM to Texture EFB copies seems to have fixed it for the time being. This is me confused as all hell. W/e I guess.

Cyanotic

Hi guys, first time Dolphin user and I'm having some trouble with Xenoblade. I've tried tons and tons of different configurations, but no matter what, the FPS always TANKS as soon as the tutorial battle begins. Everything before that - title screen, load screens, intro video - all runs buttery smooth no matter what kind of bizarre settings I use so I think something must be wrong.

Here's what I have in my PC:

Windows 7 64-bit
Processor/CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad Core 3.0 GHz
Video Card/GPU: Radeon HD 7770 1 GB 1050MHz
Memory/RAM: 6GB DDR2

Based on videos I've seen it should run like a dream so why does it get stuck at 12-15 FPS once the tutorial battle begins? I've tried a few dolphin builds; the latest release, some older custom ones, but no matter what the result is the same.
Your CPU is too weak. Try to overclock it.
(08-21-2012, 06:13 PM)Cyanotic Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys, first time Dolphin user and I'm having some trouble with Xenoblade. I've tried tons and tons of different configurations, but no matter what, the FPS always TANKS as soon as the tutorial battle begins. Everything before that - title screen, load screens, intro video - all runs buttery smooth no matter what kind of bizarre settings I use so I think something must be wrong.

Here's what I have in my PC:

Windows 7 64-bit
Processor/CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad Core 3.0 GHz
Video Card/GPU: Radeon HD 7770 1 GB 1050MHz
Memory/RAM: 6GB DDR2

Based on videos I've seen it should run like a dream so why does it get stuck at 12-15 FPS once the tutorial battle begins? I've tried a few dolphin builds; the latest release, some older custom ones, but no matter what the result is the same.

[P-BR] O problema é com o seu processador, eu também usava um AMD, o meu era um Phenom II x4 à extremos [color=#FF0000]4.2Ghz[/color] e mesmo com esse clock quando eu entrava nas batalhas, principalmente contra inimigos grandes o desempenho do emulador (fps) caia muito, ficava entre [color=#FF0000]20~26fps[/color]; Mas quando a batalha terminava voltava ao normal ([color=#FF0000]30fps[/color], porque apliquei o patch).
Por fim, acabei me livrando do AMD e atualmente tenho um INTEL Core i7 2600K e sem precisar fazer qualquer tipo de overclock ou seja, à 3.4GHz eu consigo jogar Xenoblade lisinho, sem legs, á 30fps sem problemas.
Você poderá melhorar um pouco seguindo a recomendação do nosso amigo DefenderX, faça um overclock em seu processador ao máximo que puder, mas é claro sem se esquecer de ficar de olho em sua temperatura.

[E-US] The problem is with your processor, I also used an AMD, the mine was a Phenom II x4 to extremes 4.2GHz and even with this clock when I entered in battle, especially against large enemies the emulator performance (fps) dropping too, was between 20~26fps; But when the battle ended returned to normal (30fps, because I applied the patch).
Finally, I ended up getting rid of AMD and currently have a INTEL Core i7 2600K and without doing any overclocking i.e., to 3.4GHz I can play Xenoblade smoothie, without any problem, at 30fps without dropping.
You can improve a bit following the recommendation of our friend DefenderX, make an overclocking in your processor to much as you can, but of course without forgetting to keep an eye on your temperature.

Pls, can you write in English? Thanks.