Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering what I could do to help identify bugs/issues with this game. Using 3.5 with D9 or D11, I can start Tatooine Training; I encounter the skydome issue (but with stars in space instead of with sky like in the screenshot above) and after a few seconds Dolphin will hang. I have also found that disabling sound output increases stability. Anything I can do to help out? Or is this a convo to have on the IRC channel?

One more thing, regarding:
Quote: No Menu Videos
The background videos in the main menus do not work in D3D9. Use D3D11 or OpenGL and they will appear normally.

The videos appear for me with D3D9.
First of all, don't use 3.5. It is remarkably old and will be replaced within a few months. Use the latest development build from https://dolphin-emu.org/download/ . You'll find a bunch of bugs in 3.5 that don't exist in 3.5-1655.

Unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do to help out. The problem with the skydome is well documented (zfreeze), so unless you're an awesome coder I'm not sure how you can help. Until that is fixed there isn't really much that can be done about the rest... Most testing is blocked by the fact the game is more or less unplayable.

Quote:The videos appear for me with D3D9.

Retested. They don't work correctly, only appearing every other menu or so. Apparently a transition issue. I'll give it an update to better match the results.

Frederik

(09-06-2013, 07:57 PM)Frederik Wrote: [ -> ]It's works now Wink
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...d=3334#c71
Having a workaround ready doesn't mean "it works". Please don't go around everywhere and act as if it was fixed magically.
Neobrian is right, however thanks for finding the workaround, It doesn't fix it entirely either, with the sides not being rendered properly, but it gives the depth and so I was able to properly play the first level for the first time.
Seems to work very well and if you use only 4:3 aspect than you dont even have the problem with graphic bugs on the window sides.
But the flickering when fire a laser is disturbing is there a solution for that?
doesn't work on 4.0, op code errors on the first level intro, then dolphin crashes. I look forward to the day when the logos run 100% speed upon booting the game, every revision is the same. I know it's hard to do these games, but just wondering when they will actually boot all the way ingame without crashing or glitching, that day will awesome.
I can get into the first two levels without problems, it's the draw distance not working that gets me.
sound is completly garbled on the latest svn's, the ship selection screen is all blurry. can't even do the depth fix as when you click the grahpics button the emulator crashes, does this for all games i have though. checked event viewer, no other modules causing the crash, just dolphin.exe.