Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-26-2015, 12:42 AM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2015, 12:26 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]I love all 4 games.

I could name many of the missions I can quite happily play over and over, best movies > game series out there. I wish the wii game had been released before lucasarts closed. The gc games are obviously the best because they put more effort into them, the trench run was weak in rs3d, don't remember it having corners in the movie lol. That's the only level i have issue with on the pc game.

I get the hate for the reb strike with the foot sections but they are still quite fun, but the 3rd person camera could've been better.

@ Duke, you need to go side to side, up and down quite a bit avoiding the fire from behind and stay within range of the falcon. I hate that part of the mission took me ages to finish and that was years ago, once in the death star it's still hard but not impossible. slow down on turns and then speed through the long bits.

What's the 4th game your talking about ? Battle for Naboo ?

yes, because it's part of the series.
(01-26-2015, 01:10 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]

I could name many of the missions I can quite happily play over and over, best movies > game series out there. I wish the wii game had been released before lucasarts closed. The gc games are obviously the best because they put more effort into them, the trench run was weak in rs3d, don't remember it having corners in the movie lol. That's the only level i have issue with on the pc game.

I get the hate for the reb strike with the foot sections but they are still quite fun, but the 3rd person camera could've been better.

@ Duke, you need to go side to side, up and down quite a bit avoiding the fire from behind and stay within range of the falcon. I hate that part of the mission took me ages to finish and that was years ago, once in the death star it's still hard but not impossible. slow down on turns and then speed through the long bits.

It's not really part of the rogue squadron series Wink

Missing that game too, my disc died and there is no shop where i can re-purchase it. Hopefully gog.com will add it in their collection so it will be playable for modern systems.
(01-26-2015, 02:45 AM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2015, 01:10 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]

It's not really part of the rogue squadron series  Wink

Missing that game too, my disc died and there is no shop where i can re-purchase it. Hopefully gog.com will add it in their collection so it will be playable for modern systems.

it already is playable on modern systems. btw gog don't patch games, they put up rs3d with bugs and all.
(01-26-2015, 03:44 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]it already is playable on modern systems. btw gog don't patch games, they put up rs3d with bugs and all.

Rogue Squadron from gog is the same as my disc version only gog added the latest patch (including the naboo starfighter). Rogue Squadron for pc had always issues with the camera.

As for battle for naboo, my disc died when i used XP. With rogue squadron 3d i needed to use third party stuff to install rogue squadron on my 64-bit system. Now with the gog installer it's easier.
(01-26-2015, 03:47 AM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2015, 03:44 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]it already is playable on modern systems. btw gog don't patch games, they put up rs3d with bugs and all.

Rogue Squadron from gog is the same as my disc version only gog added the latest patch (including the naboo starfighter). Rogue Squadron for pc had always issues with the camera.

As for battle for naboo, my disc died when i used XP. With rogue squadron 3d i needed to use third party stuff to install rogue squadron on my 64-bit system. Now with the gog installer it's easier.

I know, but they don't fix games. xwing alliance is another game that needs mods to work on new pcs and they put that on sale too.

the camera bug is glide, it plays fine in direct3d, no camera bug.
Don't know what you guys are talking about gog version works perfect for me only problems occur when I introduce glide
(01-26-2015, 04:00 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]Don't know what you guys are talking about gog version works perfect for me only problems occur when I introduce glide

glide is not needed for rogue squadron on the pc.
Exactly. So its perfect.
I do believe RS 3D with Glide has some extra effects, so its not entirely useless. You have to use some hack method with nGlide to make it work and there are still issues since the development of nGlide is basically stopped.
(01-26-2015, 04:42 AM)BatJoe Wrote: [ -> ]I do believe RS 3D with Glide has some extra effects, so its not entirely useless. You have to use some hack method with nGlide to make it work and there are still issues since the development of nGlide is basically stopped.

Glide is slowing this game down completely for me, so no not needed at all.

But guys we are going way of topic now Wink