Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-21-2015, 02:16 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get why even bother to try running Dolphin on a notebook when you know you can't achieve full speed. Maybe some people can enjoy a game without full speed and or graphic glitches, but for me it has got to be either full speed 100% and flawless graphics or nothing at all.

I beg to differ when you say "people can enjoy "A" game" As Dolphy said, not all games are perfectly playable yet that is why there are bugs to be fixed on certain games. As Dolphin improves, the faster and more compatible it gets for hardware. So the logic really is, Dolphin is constantly improving to run consistent depending on the game. There were games that were once believed to have latest hardware to be able to run in the past (e.g. Xenoblade Chronicles) now days you don't need a massive rig to run this consistently. Heck there was once a "no no" for ultra low powered CPU's (e.x. i5-xxxxU) now they are capable of running games constant depending on the game of course. So the margin between Dolphin to hardware requirement is decreasing.

I have an i5-4200M, been satisfied using it with Dolphin ever since I got it about a year ago and the best experience ever. I move it around the house and hook it up to my living room TV with ease. I've even taken it over to play at brother's house. If you're into the desktop PC than that's fine with me, my piece of crap tower can't handle Dolphin anyway.
(02-20-2015, 07:19 PM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]any chance of getting fioras build updated?

Page 25 and she updated the build to 4.0-5563-dirty
(02-21-2015, 03:25 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-21-2015, 02:17 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, I'm suddely having FIFO errors. Haven't had those before in this game. I can actually continue playing after closing them (I guess they won't even pop up if I disable panic handlers?). Are those 'new' or have you guys had them in this game before?
Also, why can't I see the letters when creating a profile? Some setting?

Did you make sure fast depth is off?

Aah, that was it. Thanks!
(02-21-2015, 04:02 AM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-20-2015, 07:19 PM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]any chance of getting fioras build updated?

Page 25 and she updated the build to 4.0-5563-dirty

sweet thanks for the heads up!

argh! the fullscreen issue is back, can't fullscreen in either d3d or ogl in 5563. unticking render to main window allows fullscreen though, like the last time it did this.
I am currently doing a live stream of RS2 on Dolphin 5582 this is a great build!!

http://www.twitch.tv/icestrike256
[Video_Settings]
FastDepthCalc = False
EFBScale = 7
AspectRatio = 1
WideScreenHack = false
SafeTextureCacheColorSamples = 128
[DSP]
EnableJIT = True
DSPThread = True
[Video_Hacks]
EFBToTextureEnable = False
EFBEmulateFormatChanges = True
EFBAccessEnable = False
[Video_Enhancements]
ForceFiltering = True
[Core]
DSPHLE = False
Does anyone know what the correct ini entry is to disable the idle skip sync hack? "idleskipsynchack = False" doesn't seem to work. And from what I understood it's not the same as disabling idle skipping in the settings.
5582 is seriously the best build I have played this game with yet. Here is a link to my live stream for anyone interested. this was a non shader cached first run unlike my youtube videos which were recordings from a 5th or 6th run.

http://www.twitch.tv/icestrike256/b/627869044
(02-22-2015, 06:47 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]5582 is seriously the best build I have played this game with yet.  Here is a link to my live stream for anyone interested.   this was a non shader cached first run unlike my youtube videos which were recordings from a 5th or 6th run.

http://www.twitch.tv/icestrike256/b/627869044

I am watching and your FPS is just amazing mate Smile
(02-22-2015, 06:24 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know what the correct ini entry is to disable the idle skip sync hack? "idleskipsynchack = False" doesn't seem to work. And from what I understood it's not the same as disabling idle skipping in the settings.

it's in dolphin.ini under core.