Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any word on when HLE audio may be fixed? With all the improvements and speedups lately, getting HLE audio would seem to fulfill the circle.

EDIT: Still getting insane slowdowns on Kothlis. Any chance JMC47 or someone with more in depth knowledge could take a look at what is causing this slowdown?
We need to trick someone into fixing HLE audio... lesse, I'll see if I can find someone.
Guys, I recommend the new 8x internal resolution function, with use of my HD pack! Absolutely amazing!

jelbo

I spent yesterday afternoon figuring out why I got massive slowdown when facing certain directions in the Tattooine's training. It was vsync related; with vsync off I got massive tearing instead of massive slowdown.

I tried fixing this with forced vsync using an nVidia profile, and with RivaTuner's frame limiter, but nothing worked. I finally fixed it by choosing 'borderless fullscreen' in the advanced graphics options.
It's documented that vsync in dolphin can kill performance if vfps can't stay constant 100%vfps at all times.
I dunno, it seems to be more an issue with exclusive fullscreen. When it came up, people were saying it should actually improve performance, but a lot of people have experienced extreme improvement switching to borderless fullscreen. I'm not sure it's supposed to be that way.
Using the latest 4.0 build 6891 Rogue Leader crashes every time when I try to play Vengeance on Kothlis. 

Anyone else encounter this? 

[Image: QFuq0Cz.png]
Yeah, it's like that for me too.
That's one classy dialog box....
- Can't decide if it's a warning or error
- Gives no actual information about the problem encountered
- Time? As in the time it was compiled or the current wall time? Either way: why is it important?
- A close button. In case you just can't commit to either "Yes" or "No".
- Verbose prompt text: you can't ignore something that's already been shoved in your face, "continue?" is the only relevant question.
(06-28-2015, 11:46 PM)tueidj Wrote: [ -> ]That's one classy dialog box....
- Can't decide if it's a warning or error
- Gives no actual information about the problem encountered
- Time? As in the time it was compiled or the current wall time? Either way: why is it important?
- A close button. In case you just can't commit to either "Yes" or "No".
- Verbose prompt text: you can't ignore something that's already been shoved in your face, "continue?" is the only relevant question.

Two things:
  • First, it does not go away. You click "ok" to ignore, and it comes back. If you hold the enter button you can play watch the game play at 1fps
  • Second, if you click no, the game(and Dolphin) simply crash
How do get rid of it: 
Uncheck "Use panic handlers"

Not sure why this is necessary...

Also, about the time, Its always the same at the same spot.