Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why does it run so much faster with borderless window? Is there something wrong with my setup? Nevermind it's because of vsync, though I do remember getting full speed even with vsync in the past.
(09-20-2015, 06:21 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]Why does it run so much faster with borderless window?  Is there something wrong with my setup? Nevermind it's because of vsync, though I do remember getting full speed even with vsync in the past.

Well as Icestrike I think has previously said V sync can be problematic as if a stable 60fps or 50fps if the UK version like mine, performance suffers, and you'll get fps drops in demanding levels like intro for Hoth etc.

For me I use V sync but take the hit. If I'm bench testing a level though I definitely have V sync off and use full screen.

It's not there's something wrong with your set up, it's just perhaps configured differently.
(09-20-2015, 05:33 AM)General_Han_Solo Wrote: [ -> ]IceStrike, did you try the 10th Sept build texture pack for Rebel Strike? How was your performance?

Haven't yet. Been pretty swamped with math homework and programming class. Sad
(09-20-2015, 10:49 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-20-2015, 05:33 AM)General_Han_Solo Wrote: [ -> ]IceStrike, did you try the 10th Sept build texture pack for Rebel Strike? How was your performance?

Haven't yet. Been pretty swamped with math homework and programming class. Sad

Nice, what type of math? If you need any help, ask me. Smile
Just college algebra nothing hard. Need to retake it since I dropped the class Las semester.

Also just did a reset on my desktop to give it a fresh win 10 install instead of the upgrade from 8 helped out in more sluggish areas of the game.

CakeBandit

Hey folks, I'm trying to get this game running and am encountering issues. I'm reading through the thread, but in the past 8 or so pages nobody has complained that the intro with the dancing stormtroopers is grinding to a blazingly fast 2 fps and the Cantina track is being played by three temporally disporate bands following the same conductor through a black hole to certain death.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm not using HLE and V-Sync is off. I'm also getting serious audio garbling during gameplay and menus.

Video garbling during loading transition. (Think oldschool DOS error screens.)

anyone seen any of this before? The Wiki is no help whatsoever. Help me thread, you're my only hope.
EFB2RAM, Virtual XFB for the video garbling. The audio garbling, if it's not caused by HLE audio, it's likely caused by slowdown.
If you're using 4.0.2 like your signature says, you really need to update. This game is pretty much unplayable if you have a build that isn't from this year.
so, haven't tried this in a while, is hle audio still broken?
yes