Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this is what happened when i tried to use the targeting computer;

[Image: nbg7Tnr.jpg]

[Image: jOzzO4X.jpg]

after i clicked away the two errors the game continued to run and i could actually use the targeting computer when i pressed the key again.
but when i cleared all the enemies the screen faded to black and hung. music continued.

not sure if this had anything to do with it but i was just trying various setting combinations;

texture cache - safe
ignore format changes - unticked
no fast depth or stuff vanishes
efb to ram

game ran full speed. (ignore fps in pics, it dropped when it froze)

this happens if you open the gfx options while the game is running and untick the disable xfb option.

[Image: ofn7eh0.jpg]

hope some if this useful. Smile
looks like you get opcode errors everytime you open the targeting computer, is that what you meant JMC47 by it not working?

sometimes the game continues to run and others it hangs.

only some levels run full speed, tried the training one and got 27fps.
The speed issues is due to your AMD FX; I get full speed or near full speed in every computer on my Core i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz.

And yes, those errors are what I mean about the Targeting computer not working. I did some research on it; the only way to fix it in the code would be to break other things. I could make you a custom build if you wanted that would work for this game but break others.
I don't have an AMD FX anymore. realised that cpu was crap for certain things a while back Tongue amd and their marketing gimmicks and crap performance....

I have a i7-4810mq, got rid of the desktop quite some time ago.

I do most things on a little 13.3 clevo now.

I have a small desktop now for work and media, about the same size as my little laptop, that has 3.1ghz cpu but I don't game on it.

If you can do a custom build that'd be great as i'm not really interested in any of the other games, apart one or two, but i run dolphin portable so i don't have to keep changing settings for everything.

I take it that would fix the targetting computer? but the pause menu would still be broken right? at least you can pause via the emulator, that works without hanging the game.

not sure why but the main menu doesn't show for me correctly unless i switch to real xfb.

i also came across this error;

[Image: OzFAkA3.jpg]

when i set efb to ram and texture cache to safe and open the gfx options that happens ^ also results in the black bar glitch over the top half of the screen.
when you say it runs full speed you mean with HLE audio right? because i just tried it and it runs full speed (muted audio because of CRSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH EKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK) lol

solid 60fps HLE
30-60fps LLE (really hurts audio when it dips to 40's)
Why is your dolphin dirty?
(12-24-2014, 08:57 PM)NanoByte Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I'm new to the forums here... but I too have longed for RS games to be playable in Dolphin and with the recent speedups in the core for Rogue Leader and finding the 3.5 branch that NeoBrain did for zfreeze, I took a stab at porting that code to a more recent build of Dolphin.

I had success in implementing the code on the Direct3D side... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8V9ebZvTIo

(12-26-2014, 04:31 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Why is your dolphin dirty?

guess because it's a test build? perhaps someone can explain what dirty means for dolphin?
It usually means someone edited it or something unofficially afaik
It's a Pull Request build. That's why.
ah i see