Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-17-2015, 09:11 PM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2015, 08:41 PM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]what cpu you got? if your playing on lle it'll lag because it's more taxing. if your playing on hle and it still lags you might not have a good enough cpu.

HLE works great, mostly 60fps. I have a laptop (clevo p170hm) with intel i7-2720QM, Geforce GTX 485M, 256GB SSD and 8GB ram.

I was talking about Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike

ah, then yeah, think everyone gets lag on reb strike because it's more advanced than rs2. space missions run 40-60fps, ground missions in vehicles 40-60fps (except the endor one with all those trees) 30-50fps
on foot inside rooms 50-60fps
on foot outside 40-50fps

fps under 60fps ruin audio whether native or upscaled for me
(01-17-2015, 07:35 PM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-17-2015, 03:14 PM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]Im sure if there were errors with D3D or Open GL Lt RoyalShrimp, Slarlac or myself would of found em. Tongue

Think I play this game through twice a day now going for golds lol.

Then you didn't look well  Tongue , in hoth its causing alot of errors if you use the targeting device and have the EFB settings set to textures

(01-17-2015, 06:50 PM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]I've stopped playing for now, waiting for more fixes. Been playing RS3D instead.

That game is unplayable for me, to much errors and fps drops

That's why your supposed to have EFB to RAM set and not Texture I get no errors on any levels of RS2. This game requires a much stronger graphics card and CPU to maintain speed your mobile graphics and CPU might not be strong enough also RS3 is not able to maintain full speed on any setup right now.

LOL I just started playing RS3D also do you know how to get recording to work on it?
My specs are fine, this game is from 2001 and they didn't even had a quad core with a graphic card like this one in that time. I am pretty sure dolphin can work better with this game in a few months.
I don't think there's more than another ~10-20% to be had on the CPU side for RS2/3. Emulating an MMU in software is much more intensive than any native game.
(01-18-2015, 03:44 AM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]My specs are fine, this game is from 2001 and they didn't even had a quad core with a graphic card like this one in that time. I am pretty sure dolphin can work better with this game in a few months.

Why does it matter when a game released when it pushes the hardware more then any other game released on the system besides its more demanding sequel?
(01-18-2015, 03:44 AM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]My specs are fine, this game is from 2001 and they didn't even had a quad core with a graphic card like this one in that time. I am pretty sure dolphin can work better with this game in a few months.

Emulation can have incredible demands compared to what it was run, BSNES for example needs a core 2 duo to run snes games, that had a 3.58 MHz cpu. You need many orders of magnitude faster hardware for emulation and more cores are sometimes not useful, dolphin is already extremely optimized as an emulator in what it does.
(01-18-2015, 03:56 AM)Link_to_the_past Wrote: [ -> ]

Emulation can have incredible demands compared to what it was run, BSNES for example needs a core 2 duo to run snes games, that had a 3.58 MHz cpu. You need many orders of magnitude faster hardware for emulation and more cores are sometimes not useful, dolphin is already extremely optimized as an emulator in what it does.

And even BSNES lags on Mega Man X2 if you don't have very high end processor.
I just want the hle fixed first (if possible) before anything else, It would be nice to play the trench run smoothly again.
games crashed in LLE for me on hoth, got near the end and it black screened with high pitched noise. could be dsp on thread to blame, icestrike, dsp on thread has been known to cause issues (i think) if i remember correctly, isn't that why they removed it from the gui?
LLE on thread I think is enabled if you use LLE with an AX game, which this is? But I'm not 100% sure