Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When zfreeze is finally fixed, it will be trumpeted from the rooftops. You'll know.
might it be fixed before the year is out? or is that wishful thinking, would be an awesome christmas gift.
(10-27-2014, 07:12 PM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]might it be fixed before the year is out? or is that wishful thinking, would be an awesome christmas gift.

I'm reasonably certain that the best answer to this question is that no one but anyone who is working on it will know the answer to that, and if I were them I'd keep that to myself for the most part. I want zfreeze to play Rogue Leader desperately too, however I prefer to just have the announcement. If anyone says "they're working on it" I'm sure people will be hounding them every day asking for updates, which is not going to make the work get done any faster. Dolphin has very active developers, I'm certain they're aware of the desire for zfreeze, someone will fix it at some point.
fair point.
is the zfreeze branch updated much? because the latest i could find was 3.0.433 and then i found 3.0.578 which said merged with zfreeze-new but the links were dead.

so if there's a branch, are there any newer builds?

edit, found a 2nd branch named zfreeze-support, again back at v3.0 but then nothing newer.

getting the feeling these two games will never be fixed, i foolishy check this board every week. i need to get out more.
Don't check every week. I mean, zfreeze is a priority, but it's one of those things that has no ready solution.
The day when zfreeze works is the day when there will be a big article solely on it for all to read, and a video describing it's past and present history in Dolphin with the famous intro crawl "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.....zfreeze" cue the music.
So, there has been a development: https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comme...e_asks_if/

"Phire" has implemented a hack for Zfreeze which seems to be working in both RS3 and RS2:

Its a hack, not real implementation, but its a SIGN.  
[Image: tnQjshS.jpg]
[Image: K93P8sh.jpg]
what we need is a download to test it ourselves. he said on reddit that RS2 should be playable on a fast cpu, not so much RS3 though.
It is indeed from a dolphin developer and the screenshots are genuine! I have tried it myself, it's awesome. However... it is most certainly a hack, and when or if it will be merged into master depends on how refined the hack can be made.

As for builds for public testing, nothing was shared publicly for a reason. That's all up to phire. Patience!