Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-04-2015, 05:37 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]If anyone is interested here are the settings that im using and getting perfect 60 except when spamming Y wing cluster bombs then it drops to 45 for a second lol.

EFB to texture since I don't use targeting comp any way

[Core]
DSPHLE = False
[Video_Settings]
FastDepthCalc = False
[DSP]
EnableJIT = True
DSPThread = True

Even on the gamecube, if you spam Y-wing bombs, the FPS drops to 30, or even lower. That's "normal".
Lol yes, yes it is.
(01-05-2015, 04:20 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]Lol yes, yes it is.

Mind trying the seismic charges? (I forget, are they in this game).
They were in Rogue Squadron 3. I cant get that one to run full speed all the time but the charges definitely cause lag atm.
Here's a build from my "testing" branch, a huge conglomeration of all the patches I've been working on to speed up Rogue Squadron. It almost certainly has bugs, so I'd like people to report any issues they have in the branch version that aren't in master. Bugs in non-RS games are okay too, since obviously I don't want to break other games either!

Download

Edit at (Mon, 05 Jan 2015 12:41:22 -0800): updated with minor changes and Real Zfreeze (instead of the old hack branch)

waddlesplash

*stares at previous comment*
*wishes there was a "Give Reddit Gold" button for this forum*
RS 2 is running much more fluid for me except for vengeance on Kothlis is a lot slower then the last build.

water is really killing the FPS now.
Could the zfreeze patch be affecting the speed in that level or something? I'm not sure how that affecs the graphics performance.
Im not sure ill test the older build again. Then ill try it against the newer build again. One other thing is the cutscence are vertically stretched a bit. This has been present in all builds ive run the game on.

Edit: playing it again on the new build had better performance then the older build guess it just had to cache some things lol

Im uploading a gameplay video Ill post a link when its finished.

Here is the video sorry about the quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3mmOq8weMM
Yeah, the cutscenes not being the right aspect ratio is a known bug (XFB, I think?)