Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-24-2016, 08:59 PM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]not possible on my machine, no bios support.

Check out the Intel Extreme Tuning utility for your laptop
Ah dang.
Low framerate when playing the training mission, I assume surface missions will be slow as well. It's the same issue as the one described by Alpha284 in the wiki.

So did I get this right, there is no way to run this surface missions with reasonable fps count besides having a 4+ ghz cpu and direct X 12? I guess I could overclock my i7 3820 3,6 ghz cpu to something like 3,8 ghz, would that help? Direct X 12 is out of the question as I don't plan on installing windows 10. Using the latest dolphin dev build.
Rebel Strike is much worse... I guess you should be able to run Rogue Leader well if you configure everything correctly... use HLE sound (Ishiiruka build has a special fix for the garbled sound in its options), use Dolphin's underclocking feature, etc...
I don't use DX12, actually, I always feel like DX11 runs better for me...
Do you know where I can find this mysterious ishiiruka hle fix build, latest ishiiruka does not seem to include the hle fix it and googling for it doesn't get me anywhere.
There is no special version of Ishiiruka that has the HLE hack. As far as I know, it's in the latest regular version. You may need to enable the HLE hack somewhere in the settings.

Also, please note that if the game crashes in situations like blowing up the Death Star, you will need to disable the HLE hack or switch to LLE in order to avoid the crash.
Yep, just download the latest Ishiiruka build and look in the sound settings. And yeah, it will produce a crash after the first level. After that I think you're fine.
Thank you for your help, I found it, I was using the latest stable ishiiruka that didn't have it.
Unfortunately that HLE Hack didn't really help, games runs a bit better but when any kind of buildings are on screen in the training mission video and audio experience severe slowdowns that make the game unplayable. Guess my system is just not cut out for running this one game.
Have you tried the underclocking feature in the settings? Try putting it to 75% or so, you can fiddle around with it while in-game.
Also, the game doesn't reeeally need EFB to RAN which is very demanding. Make sure EFB to Texture only is enabled. (this might actually be forced in the game ini, so you might have to change it there.