Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you turn off the music in the pause menu, the sound effects work fine until the fix is released.
Well, this is one game in which switching off the music is a super-no-go! :o
best option is to use the hle fix build and remember to switch to LLE on the crashing missions and enable DSP on Thread to have less lag on LLE.
(01-27-2015, 01:05 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]best option is to use the hle fix build and remember to switch to LLE on the crashing missions and enable DSP on Thread to have less lag on LLE.

Yup, that's the way how i played this game too.
I'll have to try using LLE on a separate thread. I have done it before in the past, but never kept with it because I switched to HLE for the extra speed/smoothness. Since RS2/3 need LLE, and the sounds are actually better to me in games like LOZTP, I will have to try it again and see how it runs. Hope I don't have any issues with crashing (seems like I've read in places where LLE on thread can do that).

Thanks guys for reminding me about the option. Smile
(01-27-2015, 01:28 AM)brawleyman Wrote: [ -> ]I'll have to try using LLE on a separate thread. I have done it before in the past, but never kept with it because I switched to HLE for the extra speed/smoothness. Since RS2/3 need LLE, and the sounds are actually better to me in games like LOZTP, I will have to try it again and see how it runs. Hope I don't have any issues with crashing (seems like I've read in places where LLE on thread can do that).

Thanks guys for reminding me about the option. Smile

rs3 doesn't need LLE as far as I know, doesn't suffer from mission crashing like rs2.
How do you add gameplay videos to the wiki? thought since I have some good full speed videos I should add them to the wiki for this game.
I have a question for the developers. What's the process for making a cheat like? For example, I'd really like to turn off the damage to friendly capital ships (a big part of missions) so that I could dogfight endlessly on the level Battle of Endor. Could that be accomplished by finding a certain instruction or function and canceling it?
You could always play endurance.
(01-27-2015, 01:50 PM)BlizzardToaBreeze Wrote: [ -> ]I have a question for the developers. What's the process for making a cheat like? For example, I'd really like to turn off the damage to friendly capital ships (a big part of missions) so that I could dogfight endlessly on the level Battle of Endor. Could that be accomplished by finding a certain instruction or function and canceling it?

I don't know a whole lot about codes for Dolphin, but there is one tool I could recommend you for something like that.
Cheat Engine www.cheatengine.org/

I use it frequently and I can do pretty much everything with it cheat wise.