Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-03-2015, 09:09 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Fiora's working on more optimizations, but these are MMU titles; they're going to be hard.  To even sniff full speed on some stages you need 4.0 GHz on a Haswell or better.

I recommend using medium texture cache if you have a strong computer and need a lot of performance back or turning off EFB2RAM if you absolutely need performance on a weaker computer and don't care about the targeting computer and other effects.

This is some great stuff! How long will it be before it can be implemented into the master? I tested rs3, but I guess this branch is specifically for testing zfreeze for rs2.

This just really made my day.  Smile I rate this to be alongside the hyrule field fix for LOZTP!
RS3 should work as well.
Status: ~60% performance improvement over master in RS3, ~85% if you include PR 1794 (recently committed).
Hi, thanks for the Info!!!Wink

What about RS2? When can we count with a build to play?

Big Thx for your work!!!!!
Do you guys think an i5 4670k @ 4.4 will manage RS2 ? I run @ 3x IR with a GTX 770.
Probably not due to EFB2RAM. Without that, definitely.
is pr 1767 still the only way to play this game?
(01-03-2015, 11:40 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]is pr 1767 still the only way to play this game?

OMG that's amazing. not using EFB to Ram gives me perfect speed but no targeting computer and a few cockpit texture glitches. with EFB to Ram Everything looks perfect but have some speed hiccups at loading and cutscenes. This game looks incredible too bad the trilogy never got released for the Wii like planned can't imagine having higher res textures and true widescreen support.
JMC47, targeting computer is still broken.

crashes with and without efb2ram for me on d3d & ogl. I get lots of unknown opcode errors when i open it.

same goes for pause menu in d3d & ogl, unknown opcode errors when i press continue.

not sure why it's working for other people, as i'm using the build that was posted, they are the same errors i got on the last build.