Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
really? i must try ogl....been using d3d so far. thought d3d was faster, i stand corrected.

edit, damn nvidia...

Faulting application name: Dolphin.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x549d2973
Faulting module name: nvoglv64.DLL, version: 9.18.13.4709, time stamp: 0x548be14f
Exception code: 0xc000001d
Fault offset: 0x0000000000d68f70
Faulting process ID: 0x6f8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0250e87dbf7a4
Faulting application path: E:\Program Files (x86)\LucasArts\ROGUE2\Dolphin.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvoglv64.DLL
Report ID: cd9258dc-9101-11e4-8353-b368399327a6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Sad doesn't work in ogl for me. drivers eh....

edit again, got it work, just removed the optimus settings i had for dolphin, now ogl works. JMC47, just tested battle of endor and your right, it's faster, can now play that mission full speed. Smile
i have noticed two issues in ogl, the bottom left and right hud elements are empty. should show ship damage on the left and there should be something in the right hand one.

rebel strike is a lot more playable in ogl, especially the on foot sections, they don't lag so badly like in d3d.
Interesting that you see HUD issues in OGL. Those icons work for me and get updated during gameplay.
What hud issues O.o
this:

[Image: 9sGFvCN.jpg]

also when i fire torpedoes in ogl they appear as a black coloured streak.

hud works normally for me in d3d as does firing torpedoes.

just wondering could it be something to do with optimus not working in opengl? as hoth is half the speed in ogl, 30's. but in d3d it's 40+.
to me it seems that ogl uses the intel gpu and not the nvidia one as it shows intel 4600 & the driver version in the onscreen messages at boot of the game, but surely if it was using the intel gpu the speed would suck on all levels right?

endor runs fullspeed on ogl but half on d3d.

very confusing.
Needs EFB2RAM for the missiles and stuff.
yup as i thought dolphin refuses to use my nvidia gpu in ogl it just crashes, but if i remove it from the nvidia cpl list of programs (so it uses the ded gpu in d3d) it runs in ogl but uses the intel gpu. nvidia gpu isn't active
(01-01-2015, 06:15 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]yup as i thought dolphin refuses to use my nvidia gpu in ogl it just crashes, but if i remove it from the nvidia cpl list of programs (so it uses the ded gpu in d3d) it runs in ogl but uses the intel gpu. nvidia gpu isn't active

Why dont you go into the bios and turn off the iGPU so you force it to use the Nvidia card?
since it's a laptop i can't, hd4600 + gtx 860m, both onboard. if the nvidia was mxm then i would be able to disable the intel gpu. as far as i know i can't disable the intel gpu on this model. clevo w230ss.
(01-01-2015, 07:24 PM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]since it's a laptop i can't, hd4600 + gtx 860m, both onboard. if the nvidia was mxm then i would be able to disable the intel gpu. as far as  i know i can't disable the intel gpu on this model. clevo w230ss.

Well I find it hard to beleive that there's no way to disable it but crazier things have happened, according to other peoples reports I've read about disabling it, it may not be spelled out in black and white. It may be that you need to look at you bios options for things like "multi-monitor support" or "rendering" and turn off anything to do with the iGPU, there would have to something, I can't beleive an oversight like that.
Hi, i read on the last commit (4.0-4889) "fixes rogue squadron 2 without breaking Gladius".
I tried both gpu plugins D3D and OGL but the surfaces don't show up.
Are there particular settings to render the game properly?
The 1767 build mentioned page 18 worked fine when i tried it.