Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I never played this game but I think galop1n may have fixed this game at least partially in his branch https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-cu...ring-fixes but someone has to port his zfreeze hack into master branch.
just gave it a test;

Dolphin-galop1n-master-x64

19fps on the logos for Rogue Leader
50fps ingame
zfreeze partially fixed, the deathstar sprite and planet show up just after the yellow text stops
you can partially see surrounding area on the deathstars surface, but there is a big circle of nothingness that surrounds the players craft as you fly along that blocks out everything
the sound is still garbled in places like on the intro, logos, menu etc.

good progress none the less.
I recently beat this game in Master with a few modifications. Fiora's FasterMMU doubled speed in teh game, LLE audio fixes the garbled audio, I hacked out the skybox not to render, and I used the patch provided by skid_au here: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=7641 to fix the hangs, along with Fiora's Mem1 fix before it was in master.

That makes Rogue Leader play perfectly except for the missing skybox.
(09-18-2014, 01:05 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I recently beat this game in Master with a few modifications. Fiora's FasterMMU doubled speed in teh game, LLE audio fixes the garbled audio, I hacked out the skybox not to render, and I used the patch provided by skid_au here: http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/iss...il?id=7641 to fix the hangs, along with Fiora's Mem1 fix before it was in master.

That makes Rogue Leader play perfectly except for the missing skybox.

can you share the build?
I really don't want a bunch of people using a hacked build to play a game; bad things happen. I'm just trying to say that Rogue Leader 2 is very close to playable in master; it's just a few more changes away.
anyone up to the task of adding the fixes? so one can play this game.
Not that simple. All JMC did was hack out the skybox, a super hacky fix that is NOT appropriate for master. Zfreeze needs to be emulated properly. And there is progress on that.
Really excited to play this hopefully before year end or something. Nice work on the performance boost!
(09-18-2014, 01:37 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just trying to say that Rogue Leader 2 is very close to playable in master; it's just a few more changes away.

Is a fix for zfreeze coming too? Because if zfreeze isn't fixed, then it won't be playable in master.
(10-04-2014, 08:51 AM)pokemontrainer Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-18-2014, 01:37 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm just trying to say that Rogue Leader 2 is very close to playable in master; it's just a few more changes away.

Is a fix for zfreeze coming too? Because if zfreeze isn't fixed, then it won't be playable in master.

indeed, wonder when these few changes will come about.