Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
he should just play the game in 4:3 if he's that bothered about the aspect ratio.

i have no problems playing stretched to full screen or 16:9

big deal, one or two planets in the backdrops look a tiny bit stretched or squished at times in cutscenes, it's hardly noticeable. that's the only thing i've noticed.

in rebel strike the only thing regarding ar i've noticed is when you place the charges in the shield bunker the ar briefly switches, still hardly noticable and doesn't ruin the game.

i think most people concerned with these two games will take speed over minor ar issues, hardly game breaking is it? no.
?
as ice said, even overclocked to nearly 5ghz he still gets some slowdown at times. i guess his cpu is rubbish ?
(02-25-2015, 10:16 AM)Sm1ggs Wrote: [ -> ]still no luck changed settings fps stays the same low 30s no matter what i do , yet i can run other games maxed out inc smg 1&2, must be my cpu not strong enough, gutted

I think it's your hardware then, your computer might be to slow for those games which is a bit strange because my laptop is lower in specs and it runs better then that.
Guys, it's pointless arguing about what's more important. There's good reasons for both, fixing the aspect ratio (if it's emulated incorrectly), i. e. accuracy, and fixing HLE for this game because the average computer cannot emulate it at decent speed (at least not Rebel Strike). What's more important to one person is kinda about personal taste or what hardware you own, but saying the other thing is not worth it just because you don't care about it would be rather selfish.
And, as said before, it's not like there's one dev here for everything and what he does he chooses after your argument Tongue
It's both worth of attention and eventually both will get it; at least if there's an issue report about it.
it's really about priorities.

it's probably not high up there in the list? how many have complained? two?

i'd take more speed & crash fixes over minor things.
(02-25-2015, 10:27 PM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]i'd take more speed & crash fixes over minor things.

Both are minor things. The aspect ratio problem technically affects every game emulated, as the current handling isn't accurate, but isn't apparent for the vast majority of cases. On the other hand, this particular HLE bug only affects two games. Just because one particular problem is of greater importance to you or I doesn't make that problem intrinsically more important than any other. I have faith that they'll both get fixed when that get fixed, and we'll just have to wait until then.
Widescreen is not an easy fix.

It seems this game's engine has some very strict visibility culling routines so you would need to find a way to hack the
game to turn off some of them (possibly decreasing performance massively) or feeding them alternate cutoff values.

In short, someone would need to be REALLY REALLY interested in fixing that.
People do know that fixing bugs isn't mutually exclusive, right...? And that fixing one doesn't stop someone from fixing another...?
(02-25-2015, 11:53 PM)nbohr1more Wrote: [ -> ]Widescreen is not an easy fix.

It seems this game's engine has some very strict visibility culling routines so you would need to find a way to hack the
game to turn off some of them (possibly decreasing performance massively) or feeding them alternate cutoff values.

In short, someone would need to be REALLY REALLY interested in fixing that.

The big problem isn't that widescreen needs fixing, although that would be nice, the problem AFAIK is that during the cutscenes the full resolution frame should be squeezed down to a letterbox but Dolphin instead renders it as a full 4:3 frame.

(02-26-2015, 12:36 AM)Fiora Wrote: [ -> ]People do know that fixing bugs isn't mutually exclusive, right...? And that fixing one doesn't stop someone from fixing another...?

Oh, of course, speaking for myself anyway.
(02-25-2015, 11:24 PM)Silanda Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2015, 10:27 PM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]i'd take more speed & crash fixes over minor things.

Both are minor things. The aspect ratio problem technically affects every game emulated, as the current handling isn't accurate, but isn't apparent for the vast majority of cases. On the other hand, this particular HLE bug only affects two games. Just because one particular problem is of greater importance to you or I doesn't make that problem intrinsically more important than any other. I have faith that they'll both get fixed when that get fixed, and we'll just have to wait until then.
I stand corrected, i thought he was just referring to these two games, didn't realise he was complaining about an issue with loads of games. something i don't know about as i only use dolphin for these two games.

my bad.
(02-26-2015, 03:04 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]as i only use dolphin for these two games.

Same here hahaha