Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

deushl

Hi!
Hope someone can help me with this. I'm trying  run this game on a few of the latest revisions (5420,5565,5651). My PC specs: i7 3770K 3.9GHz, Nvidia geforece 780Ti 3GB, 16GB RAM corsair vengeance.
For some reason I can't get an steady FPS. I'm getting only 30-40 FPS. Tried with different configurations, but nothing seems to make a difference. What am I doing wrong?
Try fiora's build on page 25 and use HLE

deushl

(02-26-2015, 04:25 AM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]Try fiora's build on page 25 and use HLE

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried with that one and the result is the same (FPS goes from 15 to 80 ingame, audio is messed of course and even the select screen is choppy), despite different configurations (OGL and Direct3D, HLE and LLE, openal and xaudio, fullscreen and windowed).
When running, my CPU is barely at 24% and RAM at 40%. I'd think that my PC specs are enough for dolphin to work (based on the latest video where its being played on an i5/8GB RAM).

I'm quite sure I'm missing something. Confused
Totally go with HLE sound. And you could try adding these lines to your game's ini file (right-click game, properties, 'edit config'):
[core]
SyncOnSkipIdle = False
[Video_Hacks]
EFBToTextureEnable = True
The VI bug is technically more important to me than getting HLE audio working. We know what's wrong with HLE audio to a degree, and we know why the VI is messed up to a degree. HLE audio has a work around right now, and while it's not great having to lower to LLE audio speeds, you also can just turn off the music in game to use HLE audio. The messed up VI is something that affects multiple games (not just Rogue Squadron) and should be fairly easy to fix.
(02-26-2015, 06:23 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ][core]
SyncOnSkipIdle = False

just did this one now I don't have as bad lag on academy heist day lol.
what's the VI bug?
(02-26-2015, 07:41 PM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]what's the VI bug?

Yeah thats something i want to know too.
I would deduce it's that aspect ratio issue Wink
Correct. It's sending different VI information to change the aspect ratio and Dolphin ignores it, that's my understanding of the bug at least.