Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am going to assume Dolphy knows the difference and assume his post was really meaning "when will the HLE fix be added to master".
i guess..

atm it's a hack and it breaks missions, that's why it's not in the master. i guess it's a hard thing to fix right now.
(02-10-2015, 01:44 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]sounds like you don't understand the difference between LLE & HLE.

Like icestrike says i do. I said that HLE works faster for me (even in FPS i notice it, just made a video of hoth on HLE and LLE and i see spots i get 60 fps on hle while on LLE i get 35-40 (same spot)) and StripTheSoul said it's not logical Rolleyes

My question was to fiora if the HLE fix can also work on LLE, maybe that hack can remove the (sometimes) cracking sound.
I didn't say HLE being faster than LLE was illogical. I said that HLE is always faster than LLE and it doesn't have anything to do with the audio fix.
I'm sorry, I'm not picking on you or anything, but I still have the feeling that there's something you're mixing up.
The little crackles you hear with LLE are due to FPS going under 60. The sound then also has to slow down and that just sounds shitty. If you can keep a constant 60 FPS without any stutters there shouldn't be any crackling with LLE.
(02-10-2015, 02:28 AM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-10-2015, 01:44 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]sounds like you don't understand the difference between LLE & HLE.

Like icestrike says i do. I said that HLE works faster for me (even in FPS i notice it, just made a video of hoth on HLE and LLE and i see spots i get 60 fps on hle while on LLE i get 35-40 (same spot)) and StripTheSoul said it's not logical Rolleyes

My question was to fiora if the HLE fix can also work on LLE, maybe that hack can remove the (sometimes) cracking sound.

You mean Master right?
(02-10-2015, 02:32 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't say HLE being faster than LLE was illogical. I said that HLE is always faster than LLE and it doesn't have anything to do with the audio fix.
I'm sorry, I'm not picking on you or anything, but I still have the feeling that there's something you're mixing up.
The little crackles you hear with LLE are due to FPS going under 60. The sound then also has to slow down and that just sounds shitty. If you can keep a constant 60 FPS without any stutters there shouldn't be any crackling with LLE.

Well sorry mis read things haha. I don't know what the hack does and thought it could remove the cracking sound a bit and maybe could speed up the game a bit. I notice in master when i run HLE the game runs almost at the same speed as LLE while the hack from Fiora runs better in HLE. I am not sure if this is possible or not but i compared it and saw difference.
Aaaah, so you're saying HLE in master is faster than HLE in Fiora's build? I don't know about that. Shouldn't be the case.
(02-10-2015, 02:54 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Aaaah, so you're saying HLE in master is faster than HLE in Fiora's build? I don't know about that. Shouldn't be the case.

No fiora's build is faster compared to master. The master build has cracking sound while fiora's hack has perfect sound. Also speed wise i get more fps with fiora's HLE hack then master build with HLE on.

Thats why i thought the hack might also improve fps a bit.
Aaaah... no, the audio fix is really just for that awful noise you get with HLE (when music is enabled in-game). It shouldn't make anything faster. I don't know why Fiora's build is faster (IF it is). Maybe she merged some of her other stuff into it which wasn't merged into master, yet...?
(02-10-2015, 03:06 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Aaaah... no, the audio fix is really just for that awful noise you get with HLE (when music is enabled in-game). It shouldn't make anything faster. I don't know why Fiora's build is faster (IF it is). Maybe she merged some of her other stuff into it which wasn't merged into master, yet...?

Maybe, thats why i asked about this Big Grin