Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
2-3 years ago if someone would ask me if this game would ever be playable in Dolphin I would just laugh at them.
Now the game is playable and I can only dream of how good this can be in 1-2 years of more development.
I cant remember anymore how RL is looking on a GC or Wii. Does somebody have a GC or Wii with RL for a comparison with Dolphin? I mean, is RL missing anything from GC in terms of effects, Textures etc. or does the Dolphin Version looks in all terms better?
As long as you are using EFB to RAM all graphics are there.
Hey guys, I made the textures from before compatible with the Safe Cache.

I made a thread, if anyone is interested. 

sabin1981

I just wanted to add that I, too, get the end-of-trench-explosion crash when using the HLE patched build from Fiona. Using LLE audio works fine but, as you know, that hits performance - especially during heavy explosions (like the particle/polygon "shower" of destroying turrets on the Death Star)
Well guys, here is an entire chronological compilation of Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike, in a movie-like fashion. It's interesting to note that both games are very faithful to the original Star Wars trilogy. Since I recorded in 60 fps, make sure to view in 720p60 or 1080p60 and enjoy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHtdeR4Fi1A

Since it finished processing a few minutes ago, so anyone who is reading this within the hour of this writing, might not see the HD options. YouTube needs to process a little longer for those options to appear.

Also, make note of a few graphical glitches, primarily because I didn't run EFBtoRAM (only on certain levels that had too much going on, like Hoth. However, I did run EFBtoRAM whenever I needed the targeting computer to work), neither did I have cache on safe. I did have dolphin crashes on HLE, therefore I needed to record in LLE in the following levels:

1. Death Star trench run
2. Asteroid field
3. Strike at core
(01-09-2015, 05:53 AM)Echoes Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I made the textures from before compatible with the Safe Cache.

I really wish I made my compilation with your HD textures! Tongue  I might do a version 2.0 or something.
Can someone give a quick recap of which version of Dolphin to download and what settings to use for the best performance with this game? I have been following this thread for months now, but it seems like there are different opinions of which settings to use.

Thanks!
(01-09-2015, 11:12 AM)General_Han_Solo Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2015, 05:53 AM)Echoes Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys, I made the textures from before compatible with the Safe Cache.

I really wish I made my compilation with your HD textures! Tongue  I might do a version 2.0 or something.

Nah, it would have clashed with Rogue Leader's lack of HD textures, hahaha! Very nice footage, by the way!

(01-10-2015, 08:58 AM)SaberClash Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone give a quick recap of which version of Dolphin to download and what settings to use for the best performance with this game? I have been following this thread for months now, but it seems like there are different opinions of which settings to use.

Thanks!

The one in this post, I think.
(01-09-2015, 05:53 AM)Echoes Wrote: [ -> ]The one in this post, I think.

Hey, thanks. Can we get a rundown of the optimal settings to use in that version of dolphin to get this to work at the highest performance?