Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
this game and rebel strike are the two of the most demanding games, to get a decent speed you need to be 3ghz and up, even more for rebel strike.

if your unaware, the devs added something called dynamic bat recently that increases emulation accuracy but it also destroys speed for these two games as it increases system requirements.. % of speed lost will vary.

it's pretty laggy on builds past 530 for me now, on lle, even hle is now laggy too Sad

sticking to 530 for now.
(10-21-2016, 05:38 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]if your unaware, the devs added something called dynamic bat recently that increases emulation accuracy but it also destroys speed for these two games as it increases system requirements.. % of speed lost will vary.

That happened after 5.0, so Pictutli, you might want to stick with 5.0 for now.
will dynamic bat get any optimizations? or is that not something that can be tweaked?

i don't know anything about programming.

Pictutli

(10-21-2016, 05:46 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]That happened after 5.0, so Pictutli, you might want to stick with 5.0 for now.

That sounds contradictory! If, according to @larlac249, the dynamic bat increases emulation accuracy but reduces speed due to higher system requirements and according to you this feature only started at version 5.0, the previous Dolhpin versions should run the game faster...
(10-21-2016, 11:43 PM)Pictutli Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds contradictory! If, according to @larlac249, the dynamic bat increases emulation accuracy but reduces speed due to higher system requirements and according to you this feature only started at version 5.0, the previous Dolhpin versions should run the game faster...

No, dynamic BAT was added after 5.0. 5.0 itself doesn't have dynamic BAT.
it was added 5.0-540

https://dolphin-emu.org/download/dev/ddd...b4caf7287/

starting with that build things got very laggy.

regualr 5.0 (original release) is the best for these game imo, i found performance to be hit n miss between 5.0-xxx to 530, some builds were smooth but other weren't and i kept getting stuck on transition screens on rebel strike, but not on regular 5.0. hope 6.0 brings back some speed and stability, don't want to be stuck on an old build forever.

Pictutli

(10-22-2016, 12:06 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]No, dynamic BAT was added after 5.0. 5.0 itself doesn't have dynamic BAT.

Oh, now I see!! It's sad that I won't be able to play Rogue Squadron now...  Sad
What version is good for this game? got a new laptop today for a very good price and i want to test this game on it Big Grin
(10-23-2016, 03:34 AM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]What version is good for this game? got a new laptop today for a very good price and i want to test this game on it Big Grin

Generally 5.0 (stable release), although you'll have to use Ishiiruka instead if you want to use the DSP HLE hack. The latest development builds (of both Dolphin and Ishiiruka) have lower performance in the Rogue Squadron games because of dynamic BAT, which is a big problem considering how demanding the games already were.
5.0 stable for rogue leader
ishiiruka 727 stable for rebel strike

at some point on the ishiiruka dev builds, ground textures for hoth broke (missing white snow on ground)