Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Manu270891

Is there any way of getting the proper widescreen hack to work on the spanish version (GSWS64)?

Thanks!
(05-17-2019, 04:46 AM)Manu270891 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way of getting the proper widescreen hack to work on the spanish version (GSWS64)?

Thanks!

It's in the wiki, just updated a few weeks ago.
(05-20-2019, 03:13 AM)eckso Wrote: [ -> ]It's in the wiki, just updated a few weeks ago.

I'm glad someone's working on it.  However, it's creating texture pop-in issues similar to what the built-in Dolphin widescreen hack does.
I get crashed with Visor's widescreen code, and using dolphin's wiki, the corners of the map are missing. Can anyone post here a good gecko code for widescreen? Thanks a lot
+1

It'd be great if someone can help come up with a proper widescreen code that works.
I think it's bound on how the game renders the geometry to optimize performance.
A code to force the rendering of the extended camera view should be made (camera culling). Not sure how hard or easy it would be to find/make.
My setup is:
Dolphin 5.0-10912
Windows 10 Version 1903 (iMac Late 2013 Bootcamp)
Intel i5-4570S 2.9GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

I was getting crashes on the Death Star Mission when using the targeting computer. By changing the game properties I can use the targeting computer without crashes now. I get 60fps with only some infrequent stutters slowdowns. Not perfect it will oddly hang randomly but the best I can manage on a fairly low spec computer nowadays. 

Here are the settings that worked for me.

[attachment=18334]
[attachment=18335]
[attachment=18336]
[attachment=18337]
[attachment=18338]
[attachment=18339]
Game properties
[attachment=18340]
[attachment=18341]
[attachment=18342]
To follow on from my last post... I’ve had a lot more success with RSII on Dolphin build 5.0-10960. Same specs as before - i5, 750M, 16GB, Windows 10 1903 18326.388 - very modest. What has changed is I made changes only to the game config - user config and reverted the default config back to default no modifications.

My GSWE64.ini now looks like:

[Core]
MMU = 1
CPUThread = True
SyncGPU = True
GPUDeterminismMode = auto
SyncOnSkipIdle = False
FastDiscSpeed = True

[DSP]
EnableJIT = True
DSPThread = True

[Video_Hacks]
XFBToTextureEnable = True
EFBEmulateFormatChanges = True
EFBToTextureEnable = True
ImmediateXFBEnable = False

[Video_Settings]

SafeTextureCacheColorSamples = 128

Yes fiddling with settings is all a bit voodoo - but this is working for me. I roughly get 60fps at 2x Native with Vulkan backend and asynchronous ubershaders with compile shaders before on. GPU Texture decoding is set to fast. Vertex Rounding is enabled. Enable progressive scan is enabled. Even where before the game would slow down such as when I’d near the buildings on the training level or shooting the towers on the Death Star level now the animation remains smooth. Even toggling the targeting computer on/off doesn’t cause the game to hang anymore. I don’t know how anyone could enjoy the game without the targeting computer. So far so good!

RunDevilRun007

I swear I had this game running at 60 FPS at one time, I know I did because I beat the first mission. Now no matter what settings I use the game refuses to run above 14-18 FPS except in menus. Anyone have any ideal settings to use?

My setup is:

dolphin 5.0-11084
AMD FX-6300 Six-Core 3.5 GHz
8 GB RAM
nVidia GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Overclocked

Like I said, I know I had this game running good once...But I don't remember what settings I used and I've tried a ton of settings today and can't get decent FPS. Confused

jedimike

for the life of me i can't get the game to go past the lucas arts logo at the beginning.runs fine till then and it freezes and makes a loud noise... i've tried all kinds of combo settings and it's all the same..