Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That's very weird. OpenGL here is very sharp and crisp, and looks no different than Direct3D. You using an ATI card by any chance? I know ATI and OpenGL have a very rough relationship when it comes to drivers....
(01-11-2015, 04:21 AM)beavermatic Wrote: [ -> ]That's very weird. OpenGL here is very sharp and crisp, and looks no different than Direct3D. You using an ATI card by any chance? I know ATI and OpenGL have a very rough relationship when it comes to drivers....

I am indeed. Running two 6970s in crossfire. Are there any known solutions?
For those of you who have slowdown with safe whst IR are you running at? This game does not care if you have an amazing graphics card. With my 290 x i still have to put my IR down to 2x if I want to garuntee fullspeed at all times.
(01-11-2015, 05:17 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]For those of you who have slowdown with safe whst IR are you running at?  This game does not care if you have an amazing graphics card.  With my 290 x i still have to put my IR down to 2x if I want to garuntee fullspeed at all times.

Well for me, I am running at 4x IR. The real culprit is per-pixel lighting. Untick that, and you should be running a lot faster, especially at higher IR. Also, since I am an ATI user (I have crossfired two 7870's), make sure that you are running D3D, not OpenGL. Once D3D has cached up nicely, the game is very smooth.

In fact, based on recent custom texturing Echoes and I are doing, check out this video I've just uploaded with respect to the Death Star (download the texture folder here): http://youtu.be/TY-2UeZaCyI

Make sure to run Chrome, so that you can view in 720p60 or 1080p60

My PC specs are:

i7 3930k OC'd to 4.5 GHz
16 GB @ 2400 MHz
AMD 2x 7870
Rampage IV extreme (everything OC'd)

Dolphin:

Ticked - Enable Dual Core
Ticked - Enable Idle Skipping
Ticked - JIT Recompiler
Ticked - D3D
Ticked - V-Sync
Ticked - Fullscreen 1080p
Ticked - 4x Native
Ticked - No AA
Ticked - Anisotropic @ 16x
Ticked - Scaled EFB copy
Ticked - Per-Pixel lighting (I usually keep this on for extra eye-candy, I don't care about the slowdowns)
Ticked - Force Texture Filtering
Ticked - EFBtoRam + Enable Cache
Ticked - Cache slider to Fast
Ticked - Virtual EFB
Ticked - Borderless Fullscreen
Ticked - Enable Progressive Scan
Ticked - HLE Audio

Untick - Skip EFB access
Untick - Ignore format changes
Untick - Disable Destination Alpha
Untick - Fast Depth Calculation
Looks like RealXFB is on in OpenGL, causing your graphics to look washed out.
(01-11-2015, 04:46 AM)SaberClash Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2015, 04:21 AM)beavermatic Wrote: [ -> ]That's very weird. OpenGL here is very sharp and crisp, and looks no different than Direct3D. You using an ATI card by any chance? I know ATI and OpenGL have a very rough relationship when it comes to drivers....

I am indeed. Running two 6970s in crossfire. Are there any known solutions?

None that I know of than what others have suggested above me. ATI has always had lackluster OpenGL driver support... in fact, it used to be ATI was the thing to have for Direct3D gaming, and Nvidia was the cats meow for OpenGL, but that was a 15 years ago, lol. But I still to this day read how support for newer OpenGL revisions is poorly implemented in ATI/AMD drivers.
I'm using build 5222 on Mac 10.10, and loading up Rogue Leader or Rebel Strike, and the emulator crashes right away.
Is there anything I'm missing at all?
(01-11-2015, 08:32 PM)Mirai Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using build 5222 on Mac 10.10, and loading up Rogue Leader or Rebel Strike, and the emulator crashes right away.
Is there anything I'm missing at all?

you need a special build not the ones on the main site.

https://dl.dolphin-emu.org/prs/pr-1833-d...latest.dmg
I try to launch it and it crashes straight away before i even select the game now, part of the log reads:
'Application Specific Information:
abort() called
terminating with uncaught exception of type std::runtime_error: collate_byname<char>::collate_byname failed to construct for .1252
'
eek, you'll have to wait for one of the devs to comment, I'm not a programmer.