Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah but the wii trilogy was a remake/remastering made from the ground up for 16:9 support.
(01-21-2015, 01:21 PM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but the wii trilogy was a remake/remastering made from the ground up for 16:9 support.

Yes and no. Newer art was used and the game was converted to 16:9 but in essence everything stayed the same. 
now i riddled, tried maxing out dolpin and doing the total opposite and it seems it dosn't matter at all, hle and lle = the same performance, texture cash safe of fast = the same performance, disable efb or put it in real or virtual= the same.
but there are quit a few maps that are very demanding like the water in Vengeance On Kothlis and the smoke particles in Imperial Academy Heist, i might need te format and reinstall windows, even moved the games on a ssd.
i thought dat the fps drops are from effects missing and bugging the sh*t out of the emulator, like that it needs efb on virtual on some maps for fx to run @ perfect speed.

i alsow tried Ishiiruka-Dolphin Custom Version and to bad that dx11 has a glitch but the rest opengl and dx9 does work but the performance is almost the same.

are there ppl in here with a gtx 770 or 680 ??? and if so what drivers are you ppl using the archieve 60 fps on all the maps, all the time ???
cpu is the key factor in these games.

you may need to use the clock tab in the options, will vary with each system.

rs2 on my system runs fine without messing with the emulated cpu clock.

rs3 because it's engine is more advanced than rs2's it needs more cpu power at the moment, for me underclocking the emulated cpu to 61% make it a lot more playable, even with running higher IR.

on my system upping the clock caused massive speed drop, lowering the clock smoothed out random fps dips. 100% i.e. normal makes rs3 50/50 fps on each map, one min it's playable and the next it dips to 30's then back to 40,50-60

try the underclocking.

the faster the cpu you have (quads etc don't matter as dolphin is dual core only) it's your speed in ghz that matters for these games.
you can have a slower gpu and a fast cpu and it'll still be playable. (to a certain extent.
(01-21-2015, 01:51 PM)LtRoyalShrimp Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2015, 01:21 PM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but the wii trilogy was a remake/remastering made from the ground up for 16:9 support.

Yes and no. Newer art was used and the game was converted to 16:9 but in essence everything stayed the same.

lol Wish I could just get my hands on the Wii version.

(01-21-2015, 09:22 PM)EmBoLa.be Wrote: [ -> ]now i riddled, tried maxing out dolpin and doing the total opposite and it seems it dosn't matter at all, hle and lle = the same performance, texture cash safe of fast = the same performance, disable efb or put it in real or virtual= the same.
but there are quit a few maps that are very demanding like the water in Vengeance On Kothlis and the smoke particles in Imperial Academy Heist, i might need te format and reinstall windows, even moved the games on a ssd.
i thought dat the fps drops are from effects missing and bugging the sh*t out of the emulator, like that it needs efb on virtual on some maps for fx to run @ perfect speed.

i alsow tried Ishiiruka-Dolphin Custom Version and to bad that dx11 has a glitch but the rest opengl and dx9 does work but the performance is almost the same.

are there ppl in here with a gtx 770 or 680 ??? and if so what drivers are you ppl using the archieve 60 fps on all the maps, all the time ???

What CPU are you using?
The astroid field didn't run for me on HLE, it did on LLE. Anyone else had this issue ? I just finished it and got gold Big Grin
hello people, does anyone know how to solve this problem? it appears at the very end of the mission 1!
(01-22-2015, 02:40 AM)fabiodx32 Wrote: [ -> ]hello people, does anyone know how to solve this problem? it appears at the very end of the mission 1!

Use LLE instead of HLE for the death star run Cool
(01-22-2015, 02:36 AM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]The astroid field didn't run for me on HLE, it did on LLE. Anyone else had this issue ? I just finished it and got gold Big Grin

Yeah its been known
(01-22-2015, 02:53 AM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2015, 02:40 AM)fabiodx32 Wrote: [ -> ]hello people, does anyone know how to solve this problem? it appears at the very end of the mission 1!

Use LLE instead of HLE for the death star run  Cool

thank you !! need to use LLE in all missions or just the first?