Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
nvidia finally fixed the ogl bug that was in every driver after 337.88 > 347.26

resulting in a crash in the nvoglv64.dll, anything that used 64bit ogl driver would crash on loading.

for me, the following would crash;

realtech vr gl extensions viewer, crash on starting the app

dolphin x64 ogl renderer, crashing hitting play. (32bit dolphin worked fine in ogl)

347.52 has now resolved the bug and dolphin x64 works again in ogl. I only found one other user with the same crashing on the guru3d forum, 99% of users on there are desktop and couldn't care less about notebook gamers. I sent a bug report to nvidia....it seems they listened.
I don't get why even bother to try running Dolphin on a notebook when you know you can't achieve full speed. Maybe some people can enjoy a game without full speed and or graphic glitches, but for me it has got to be either full speed 100% and flawless graphics or nothing at all.
Hm, I'm suddely having FIFO errors. Haven't had those before in this game. I can actually continue playing after closing them (I guess they won't even pop up if I disable panic handlers?). Are those 'new' or have you guys had them in this game before?
Also, why can't I see the letters when creating a profile? Some setting?
(02-21-2015, 02:16 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get why even bother to try running Dolphin on a notebook when you know you can't achieve full speed.  Maybe some people can enjoy a game without full speed and or graphic glitches, but for me it has got to be either full speed 100% and flawless graphics or nothing at all.

thanks for the pointless reply.

i7 4810mq @ 2.8ghz, 3.8ghz turbo, can increase turbo to 4.2ghz max.
gtx 860m

fyi I get full speed on rogue leader, near full speed on rebel strike.
(02-21-2015, 02:16 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]I don't get why even bother to try running Dolphin on a notebook when you know you can't achieve full speed.  Maybe some people can enjoy a game without full speed and or graphic glitches, but for me it has got to be either full speed 100% and flawless graphics or nothing at all.

Dolphin is not perfect for every game "yet", why would you run dolphin in the first place with your thoughts ?  Rolleyes

(02-21-2015, 02:17 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, I'm suddely having FIFO errors. Haven't had those before in this game. I can actually continue playing after closing them (I guess they won't even pop up if I disable panic handlers?). Are those 'new' or have you guys had them in this game before?

Got that one on the last mission to do all those waves, they came at wave 40 or something. I thought i was screwed haha

(02-21-2015, 02:24 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the pointless reply.

i7 4810mq @ 2.8ghz, 3.8ghz turbo, can increase turbo to 4.2ghz max.
gtx 860m

fyi I get full speed on rogue leader, near full speed on rebel strike.

Playing on my laptop too, i have a 2720QM 3200 MHZ and a GTX 485M. Rogue leader is almost running at full speed, rebel strike is more demanding. Sometimes maps are 30-40 fps other maps 50-60 fps. Never really had a map below 30
^ laptops can be just as good as a desktop, a lot of the times it's about the convenience, having a small system instead of a massive tower constantly sucking in dust and using more power.

I used to have a big heavy tower that kept getting full of dust and got tired of cleaning the dust filter. i love my 13.3" notebook now, i can game anywhere. I still have small desktop pc + a screen to hook up the notebook to at times. I don't miss the big tower.
(02-21-2015, 02:49 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]^ laptops can be just as good as a desktop, a lot of the times it's about the convenience, having a small system instead of a massive tower constantly sucking in dust and using more power.

I used to have a big heavy tower that kept getting full of dust and got tired of cleaning the dust filter. i love my 13.3" notebook now, i can game anywhere. I still have small desktop pc + a screen to hook up the notebook to at times. I don't miss the big tower.

I hook my laptop up behind my 46 inch smart tv haha.
I moved away from large desktops a long time ago. I had an Antec 300 in 2011 for my last microatx build. I moved on to m-itx with the Bitfenix Prodigy, then Node 304, and finally my current system with the Rosewill/Jonsbo U2. It's still a "desktop" computer, but it is super light and easy to move around. I am contemplating putting a nice brushed aluminum handle on top. Smile

I tried out RS2/3 and without forcing efb2tex in the ini file it is choppy and annoying when things blow up. Hoping they revise the .ini to stop forcing efb2ram in the master, especially with the latest advancements they made to the master via 4.0-5561.
(02-21-2015, 02:17 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Hm, I'm suddely having FIFO errors. Haven't had those before in this game. I can actually continue playing after closing them (I guess they won't even pop up if I disable panic handlers?). Are those 'new' or have you guys had them in this game before?

Did you make sure fast depth is off?
(02-21-2015, 03:20 AM)brawleyman Wrote: [ -> ]I moved away from large desktops a long time ago. I had an Antec 300 in 2011 for my last microatx build. I moved on to m-itx with the Bitfenix Prodigy, then Node 304, and finally my current system with the Rosewill/Jonsbo U2. It's still a "desktop" computer, but it is super light and easy to move around. I am contemplating putting a nice brushed aluminum handle on top. Smile

I tried out RS2/3 and without forcing efb2tex in the ini file it is choppy and annoying when things blow up. Hoping they revise the .ini to stop forcing efb2ram in the master, especially with the latest advancements they made to the master via 4.0-5561.

I had an antec 300 as well, that was my last tower and it was pain to move around. my current desktop got £120 from fleabay.

previous owner modified it for extra cooling, 30cm x 30cm case, 200mm fan pinned to side of case on the outside, 1.5tb hdd, 2x ssd's, hd7750, some 3ghz intel dual core, 4gb ddr3

works great as a htpc & work machine.