Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i know virtual xfb is on but if i open the gfx options while the game is running the screen goes corrupt / flickering. untick disable on xfb settings and the screen returns to normal but ticking disable again makes flicker madly again. so nothing silly about mentioning that.

you have to restart dolphin.

I also get a black bar that covers the top half of the screen on all menu screens except in game, level selection and ship selection.

the game locks up if you open the pause menu which doesn't show anything at all. (like you said) fiddled with all settings, most just crash dolphin.

having no pause menu is pretty game breaking.

was nice to do some testing, so thanks nanobyte for letting me test it, but we will all have to wait for these issues to be worked out.
umm, you're right about the Virtual XFB thing. It just crashes for me though. Good catch, I'm stupid. I don't see the black bar covering anything though.
i just get the black bar on the main menu screens, it goes away when you go to select a level and then go in game. maybe just video card related?
don't get black bar when i switch to the intel 4600 but obviously get worse fps.

i see what you mean about targeting computer the game just freezes and music continues.
hehe, well I think a lot of that goes beyond zfreeze which is what my code changes are for. The main thing here for me that is amazing is that you can now play through the game for the first time Smile

There are more graphic glitches in later levels too. So the zfreeze problem is far from having a complete solution.

I am not sure what is the culprit for the stuttering, but when I made my you tube video there wasn't too much, but with the latest revisions of the code it seems to be worse now.
NanoByte: Are you planning on investigating zfreeze further? If so: Ignore all the other problems outside of zfreeze. This is a Factor 5 game; there's lots of other work to do on it. The best way you can help to get that work done would be to get the game "playable" with zfreeze. That way, other people will want to try and fix up the game further.

I don't know what your plans are, if you just wanted to port it forward, or if you actually want to try and make it better, but either way, this has been very interesting.
(12-25-2014, 07:18 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]NanoByte:  Are you planning on investigating zfreeze further?  If so:  Ignore all the other problems outside of zfreeze.  This is a Factor 5 game; there's lots of other work to do on it.  The best way you can help to get that work done would be to get the game "playable" with zfreeze.  That way, other people will want to try and fix up the game further.

I don't know what your plans are, if you just wanted to port it forward, or if you actually want to try and make it better, but either way, this has been very interesting.

I actually wouldn't mind joining the development team here and contributing. I have a lot of shader experience in DirectX so, I may be able to shed some solutions on graphical problems in games. I will do what I can Smile
Please join our IRC channels sometime. We're always looking for more help; and there are a lot of tasks up there and knowledgeable people. We're on Freenode in #dolphin-emu for general discussion.
#dolphin-dev is probably more apt, given this is dev stuff, but absolutely definitely!! Dolphin currently doesn't have that many people familiar with graphics programming (esp. D3D/OGL type stuff), so help is always appreciated!
merry christmas everyone & have a happy new year.
the black bar glitch is xfb related, when i set it to real it goes away.