Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-19-2015, 05:34 AM)CHUCK1873RFC Wrote: [ -> ]i have this game running nearly perfect use the following 1. general:enable dual core,jit recompiler 2.interface confirm on stop 3.dsp lle recompiler audio2 2.graphics:vsync use full screen.hacks:texture cache: safe,xfb:real.in the game config enable mmu.with these settings i have got the game running almost flawless,obviously still the odd glitch or two when the screen is busy but well playable.

Would you be able to post screenshots of your settings? I'm not sure if you're saying *only* the things you mentioned should be checked and everything else in the menus should be off, etc. Screenshots would really help those of us who are trying to set this up correctly!

CHUCK1873RFC

ok i'll go screenshot em.

CHUCK1873RFC

here are the screenshots[attachment=13532][attachment=13533][attachment=13534][attachment=13535][attachment=13536][attachment=13537][attachment=13538] i'm running this on an i7 3770 and a gtx560 with 16gb of ram.
ishiiruka build can run this game on EFB to Texture without the shadow and ground errors! but unfortunately the tow cables and secondary weapons displays don't show up. but was just running Imperial Academy heist at 8x IR at full 60 was awesome!
(05-20-2015, 06:05 AM)CHUCK1873RFC Wrote: [ -> ]here are the screenshots i'm running this on an i7 3770 and a gtx560 with 16gb of ram.

Used your settings and the game runs incredibly smooth... except for the same problem I've been mentioning above. Sad

What's weird is that the problem only seems to occur on in-atmosphere planet levels. While flying around in a space map, firing your lasers has no framerate drop - including even a level like the Death Star when you shoot the surface of the station. However, when you fire your lasers on an interplanetary level and the shots hit the ground, the terrain lights up which then creates a framerate drop.

To throw another wrench into the equation, I've found that if I hold my fire key down for about 3 seconds, the game will mysteriously "optimize" the issue and framerate will increase back to normal. Let go of the fire key though, and the issue starts back over again. This makes absolutely no sense to me.

(05-20-2015, 11:30 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]ishiiruka build can run this game on EFB to Texture without the shadow and ground errors! but unfortunately the tow cables and secondary weapons displays don't show up.  but was just running Imperial Academy heist at 8x IR at full 60 was awesome!

Which build are you referring to, exactly? Would you be able to give a direct link? Wondering if the shadow/ground errors you're referring to has anything to do with the lighting issue I'm experiencing from the lasers hitting terrain. Also, would you be able to post your settings in the screenshot form that Chuck provided?
It's in the Development forum section not gonna try linking on my phone its a p.i.t.a. to do lol. Also default game ini is good enough now.
I suspect your problem is much more likely a driver or other system issue than any particular build or combination of settings, given that nobody else is having it.
Main menu still has issues in this game, used 4.0-6331

Shame dolphin breaks so much suddenly
That's how development works. The other way would be only closed development and you would only have a new Dolphin version every two years or so. If stiff breaks for you report it and use the last version that works for you for playing.
(05-25-2015, 12:26 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]That's how development works. The other way would be only closed development and you would only have a new Dolphin version every two years or so. If stiff breaks for you report it and use the last version that works for you for playing.

Yes, exactly.
I like the approach of the dolphin team.
It reminds me of continuous integration, which is one of the best coding and implementation approaches (in my opinion).
Sometimes a developer team is forced to change functions rapidly in order to improve the program.
As a consequence the first impressions are regressions, but at a later point in time it will be better than before.

If someone has problems with the current build, he can step back to older builds.
So keep on doing great stuff @dolphin team Smile