Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-18-2018, 06:51 AM)Zeek M Wrote: [ -> ]April 17 2018 Dolphin 5.0-7034 x64

I want to help fix Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader, so I'm attempting to post any information I can offer.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
ConfigLoaders\GameConfigLoader.cpp:127 W[CORE]: Unknown game INI option in section Core: MMU < ------------------ Resolved.

PowerPC\Jit64\Jit.cpp:628 W[PowerPC]: ISI exception at 0x7fc0f7a4 < ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Yellow Caution Level.

BPStructs.cpp:677 W[Video]: Unknown BP opcode: address = 0x00000069 value = 0x0000049e < ----------------------------------------- OMG

IOS\IOSC.cpp:610 W[IOS]: keys.bin could not be found. Default values will be used. < ------------------------------------------------------ Mystery to me.

45:48:210 FramebufferManager.cpp:358 E[Video]: Unhandled reinterpret pixel data 4 < ----------------------------------------------------- I get it but I don't know how to fix it.
45:48:210 FramebufferManager.cpp:358 E[Video]: Unhandled reinterpret pixel data 1
____________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm no expert on any of this I'm just pointing out the things I see in the console which may be problems.

As of May 13 2018 - Build Dolphin 5.0-7435 after careful examination, I declare Build 5.0-7435 to have resolved the items I've mentioned.
There is of course the random moments when the targeting computer screen causes an error, We can leave no stone unturned.

The Unhandled reinterpret pixel data items are easily stopped in the ini using ignore format changes till that gets fixed.

Custom Texture Loading is broken for me at the moment. Works on DX12 build 5.0-3727 normally.
General_Han_Solo's HD Texture cured the issue. < -------------------------- Nobody working with custom textures should ignore this.

The items I mentioned were resolved by what seems to be some code change made in relation to overdraw outside of the window border.

Thank you Development Team!

I just wanted you to know how thankful I am that Rogue Squadron II is working better than ever in 2018

Big Grin
We're working on getting Rogue Squadron II and III running again. Stay tuned.
(05-14-2018, 04:07 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]We're working on getting Rogue Squadron II and III running again.  Stay tuned.

Thank YOU! Smile
(05-14-2018, 04:07 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]We're working on getting Rogue Squadron II and III running again.  Stay tuned.

Hurry Rogue Leader, We need all the time you can buy.

Smile
(05-14-2018, 04:07 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ][attachment=17106]We're working on getting Rogue Squadron II and III running again.  Stay tuned.

Dolphin 5.0-7514 x64

All the errors still exist.

I'm only posting this to let everyone know what to expect.

Due to other items being fixed in the emulator the game does run a bit better. SWRS III benefited from the changes.

I've uploaded a PNG image of the cautionary exception errors in attempt to help the developers.
The format change errors are not shown in the PNG since they happen after entering the game.

I'm using general han solo texture pack. The color for the tie fighter implosions/explosions are incorrect, This was noticed after watching the val kilmer in tombstone as darth vader video.

Anyone wondering why my video temps are so low is because I'm using a 32 Watt peltier mounted in the side of the chassis, and near an AC vent.
The chassis is Cooler Master HAF Evo sealed up except for front filter and exhaust for the CPU.
I live in Texas where it's HOT so these measures became necessary.
Also you'll notice I'm not actually putting a load on the video chip in the image.
Those ISI exceptions are how the game maps memory. They're not a bug.
(05-16-2018, 07:18 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]Those ISI exceptions are how the game maps memory.  They're not a bug.

What I've discovered is 0x7f is an IRQ exception.

Internal Interrupt Vectors
Intel-reserved 32-127 (0x20 – 0x7f)External interrupts.

PowerPC\Jit64\Jit.cpp:634 W[PowerPC]: ISI exception at 0x7fc0f7a4.

That is the first ISI exception I see for SWRS2 in the console.
Each time one of those happens the game stutters and the audio does as well.

This all may seem like I'm trying to be difficult and resisting what you've said but I'm simply trying to get a better handle on this.

This article sheds some light on what you've mentioned.
http://hitmen.c02.at/files/yagcd/yagcd/chap4.html

I've concluded it is NOT my game pad lol

I believe my question is, how do we fix it?
Because if this particular error goes away the game will be MUCH smoother.

Based on what you've told me, Will this be a matter of changing the JIT or a patch to stop the exceptions?

Could this error be stopped easily by the user?
This is how the game maps its memory. Yes it's slow, but, it's how the game.

If you want to see what happens when we stop the game from doing these exceptions, feel free to turn off MMU emulation in the game properties. You'll see just how necessary these exceptions are Smile.

How do we make them faster? Honestly that's not even a target at this point - let's get the games working first.
(05-17-2018, 05:13 AM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]This is how the game maps its memory.  Yes it's slow, but, it's how the game.

If you want to see what happens when we stop the game from doing these exceptions, feel free to turn off MMU emulation in the game properties.  You'll see just how necessary these exceptions are Smile.

How do we make them faster?  Honestly that's not even a target at this point - let's get the games working first.

Star Wars Rogue Squadron II:Rogue Leader

Is the first game of it's kind and I understand that can be quite a challenge since it's so different.
It has many items that are done differently.

A LOT of progress has been made on both 2 and 3

I thought with II things were simply down to these ISI cautions and format change errors.

One thing I find rather frustrating that the awesome post processing features from the ishiiruka version
are left out of regular dolphin. I wonder where the sense of adventurous programmer went.
Maybe after things are running perfectly that will be implimented.

The "view input controller display" is working again in todays release of Dolphin 5.0-7539
Little things like that make me happy, I just wonder how they get broken lol.

I'm with you all the way on this, we do need to get both II and III working properly.
That may even help other games like TDU Test Drive Unlimited, I love racing games.

On III the opening video is terrible in OpenGL but better in D3D  
It improved a bit in later builds.

I love dolphin because it's a bit of an adventure everyday because something has improved or not.

All of it can help a person learn about code while enjoying it, I think that's a good thing.
Does anyone know how well these Rogue Squadron games run on Ryzen CPUs when compared to (more recent) Intel CPUs?  I'm considering upgrading my aging i5 3570K (OC'ed to 4.8 GHz, but it still stutters too much for my tastes on Hoth) and I'm not sure if going to a Ryzen 5 or 7 would be enough, or if I really need to go all-out and throw as much power-per-clock at it as possible with the upcoming i9-9900K. Tongue  FYI, I have a GTX 1080 Ti so graphics power is not the problem.

(05-16-2018, 09:24 AM)Zeek M Wrote: [ -> ]Dolphin 5.0-7514 x64
SWRS III benefited from the changes.

How did you manage to get Rebel Strike to run on the latest builds?  Even on the build I downloaded today (5.0-8716) I still get those Unknown Opcode errors and the game dies right after that, even if I click "Ignore for this session":

[Image: RSIII_Error_Message.png]

That's good news, although since that post is now 5 months old I'm starting to get worried.  Undecided