Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-19-2015, 06:39 AM)General_Han_Solo Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2015, 05:52 AM)LtRoyalShrimp Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2015, 12:05 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah never notice it when playing on the wii or gc, has it also got something to do with everything be a lot clearer on pc screens?

Yes, because you are probably rendering at 2,3 or 4x the internal resolution, and playing on a 1080p screen, its much more obvious. 

So are you suggesting that high-res skybox textures (on Hoth) will do no good?

Maybe you can put a pattern in the texture that negates the dithering.
@LtRoyalShrimp, i allready use fast cache.
You could always switch over to Texture if you dont mind no targeting comp
(01-19-2015, 09:17 AM)dogen Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2015, 06:39 AM)General_Han_Solo Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2015, 05:52 AM)LtRoyalShrimp Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-19-2015, 12:05 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah never notice it when playing on the wii or gc, has it also got something to do with everything be a lot clearer on pc screens?

Yes, because you are probably rendering at 2,3 or 4x the internal resolution, and playing on a 1080p screen, its much more obvious. 

So are you suggesting that high-res skybox textures (on Hoth) will do no good?

Maybe you can put a pattern in the texture that negates the dithering.
A possibility, but not ideal by any means. We just need someone who knows the render pipeline to figure out at what point dithering is added. 
i need the targeting computer thats why i said i need efb2ram. il just wait for now, i've been waiting for years so i can whait some more.
ok did you turn off "ignore format changes" that gave me a speedup.
thats the only thing i didnt try, gonna try that one out,
ps: sorry for the bad language since i am dutch
I just got this game running on my Surface Pro 3 had to underclock the CPU to 50% but it is fully playable at 30 FPS Smile
This lets the targeting computer work in EFB2Texture, and also makes it so we no longer need safe texture cache - https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/1916

Will basically make this full speed on Core i5 3570Ks adn higher.
(01-19-2015, 12:13 PM)JMC47 Wrote: [ -> ]This lets the targeting computer work in EFB2Texture, and also makes it so we no longer need safe texture cache - https://github.com/dolphin-emu/dolphin/pull/1916

Will basically make this full speed on Core i5 3570Ks adn higher.

The targetting computer is not really working with that PR. But when using efb2tex, it's better than it is now on master. There's a slight chance that somebody might fix this correctly in the future.

Also, is the targetting computer everything that RS2 needs efb2ram for? If not, how does that look with this PR?