Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

maretex

Aye, yes, I saw that and did everything the Wiki mentioned. But the stutter persists. 
Is it my PC, then?

function googleTrButton4013775690063721() { var el = new google.translate.TranslateElement({ pageLanguage: "auto", includedLanguages: "pt", layout: google.translate.TranslateElement.InlineLayout.HORIZONTAL, autoDisplay: false, multilanguagePage: true, floatPosition: 0 }); el.showBanner(false); var data = {action: "goog-loaded", lang: "pt"}; window.postMessage(data, "*"); }
[Image: translate_24dp.png]
Original text

Contribute a better translation

Post your graphics settings so we can make sure.

maretex

(06-23-2020, 08:24 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]Post your graphics settings so we can make sure.

Will do the checked boxes:

- Direct3D 11 (tried every single one of them, this one "seems" the best, but just from a fps perspective, the stuttering is the same)
- Fullscreen
- Show FPS
- Synchronous (Ubershaders)
- Compile Shaders Before Starting
- Scaled EFB Copy
- Disable Copy Filter
- Force 24-Bit Color
- Disable Copy Filter
- Store EFB Copies to Texture Only
- Ignore Format Changes
- Store XFB Copies to Texture Only
- Skip Presenting Duplicate Frames
- Fast Depth Calculation
- Disable Bounding Box
- Save Texture Cache to State
- Load Custom Textures 
- Prefetch Custom Textures
- Backend Multithreading

Everything else is turned off/unchecked. 

Also turned off DSP HLE Emulation (fast) from game's properties. 

Changing the resolution and antialiasing doesn't change anything (fps and stuttering wise). The same with the custom textures.
Changed virtually everything on this graphics settings, but the stutter persists. Could be my AMD processor? It's a bit weak.
function googleTrButton3010173052544125() { var el = new google.translate.TranslateElement({ pageLanguage: "auto", includedLanguages: "pt", layout: google.translate.TranslateElement.InlineLayout.HORIZONTAL, autoDisplay: false, multilanguagePage: true, floatPosition: 0 }); el.showBanner(false); var data = {action: "goog-loaded", lang: "pt"}; window.postMessage(data, "*"); }
[Image: translate_24dp.png]
Original text

Contribute a better translation

Depending on your CPU and GPU, you could see decent performance improvements in Rogue Squadron II by turning off Arbitrary MipMapping.
There needs to be a Rogue Squadron branch alongside the development and master branches in my opinion.

Saturn3

Hello guys. I have the weirdest problem here. I literally can't complete the first part of the first mission because it goes too fast on me, I got a "mission failed" after like 30 seconds, I've seen gameplay where guys take far more time than this. I literally have two towers remaining and BOOM, here goes Yavin. I have a smooth 60fps, no problem here. I already had completed the game on a lower end PC before without this problem (I'm not a bad player). I swear I go as fast as I can, using missiles etc, I literallly have not the time to complete the mission. 

Saturn3

(07-10-2020, 01:28 AM)Saturn3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys. I have the weirdest problem here. I literally can't complete the first part of the first mission because it goes too fast on me, I got a "mission failed" after like 30 seconds, I've seen gameplay where guys take far more time than this. I literally have two towers remaining and BOOM, here goes Yavin. I have a smooth 60fps, no problem here. I already had completed the game on a lower end PC before without this problem (I'm not a bad player). I swear I go as fast as I can, using missiles etc, I literallly have not the time to complete the mission. 

Oh wow now I feel dumb! lmao, it was precisely because I used all my torpedoes that I was getting the failed screen... excuse me. 
Hi all,

After some years inactive here i really wanted to give rogue leader a try again since my last time i played it with a dolphin emulator back in 2015. I must say, nothing got changed in all those years. Game drops alot in FPS, stuttering ... it's bad. My old laptop with a GTX 485m got replaced by a new machine with a GTX1070 in it. My cpu is i7-7700HQ. How come the game runs so bad after all those years ?
(08-28-2020, 06:26 AM)Dolphy Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all,

After some years inactive here i really wanted to give rogue leader a try again since my last time i played it with a dolphin emulator back in 2015. I must say, nothing got changed in all those years. Game drops alot in FPS, stuttering ... it's bad. My old laptop with a GTX 485m got replaced by a new machine with a GTX1070 in it. My cpu is i7-7700HQ. How come the game runs so bad after all those years ?

Because Factor 5 are wizards. Rogue Squadron II and III use nearly every feature there is in the GameCube and try to squeeze out as much performance as possible from the system.
(08-28-2020, 06:42 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Because Factor 5 are wizards. Rogue Squadron II and III use nearly every feature there is in the GameCube and try to squeeze out as much performance as possible from the system.

It's a shame, i hoped it would run better on this machine. Well maybe in the future.