Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-06-2015, 05:21 PM)LtRoyalShrimp Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2015, 04:49 PM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]I know how that goes.

I've also noticed how smooth your videos are. Mind sharing your Dolphin settings? Big Grin

LLE audio/on thread, D3D Backend so I can record, Skip EFB to CPU, Emulate Format Changes, EFB to RAM, Texture Cache (described it properly Tongue) on safe, Fast Depth off, 4x IR no AA or AF ( with the HD textures don't see a point to have emulator on. First time playing a level has slight shader stutter so I actually play each level 3 times before my recorded play through just to make sure the only stuttering is from loading the texture pack lol. Think that's everything ill grab my ini tomorrow.

@Strip you know it!
(02-06-2015, 08:40 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]Because in the ini there's the entry "EFBToTextureEnable = False". This means, EFB to RAM is forced, even if you put it to EFB to texture in Dolphin settings. They did this because EFB to texture does have issues in this game (targeting computer I think). But I think most of us can live better with those glitches than with the low speed we get with EFB to RAM, thus you need to edit the ini.

My ini overwrote that when i changed that in dolphin it self
Yeah, exactly, that's why you need to change it in your ini.
(02-06-2015, 09:55 AM)Fiora Wrote: [ -> ]Putting settings in the .ini doesn't force them; if you open the graphics settings during the game, it will force whatever settings are set there, no matter what the .ini says. The .ini are the settings the game boots with.

Yeah, I just meant the ini settings override whatever is set in the Dolphin settings before.
(02-06-2015, 06:16 PM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2015, 05:21 PM)LtRoyalShrimp Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-06-2015, 04:49 PM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]I know how that goes.

I've also noticed how smooth your videos are. Mind sharing your Dolphin settings? Big Grin

LLE audio/on thread, D3D Backend so I can record, Skip EFB to CPU, Emulate Format Changes, EFB to RAM, Texture Cache (described it properly Tongue) on safe,  Fast Depth off,  4x IR no AA or AF ( with the HD textures don't see a point to have emulator on.  First time playing a level has slight shader stutter so I actually play each level 3 times before my recorded play through just to make sure the only stuttering is from loading the texture pack lol.  Think that's everything ill grab my ini tomorrow.

@Strip you know it!
Huh, so playing levels creates shaders and caches them...good to know. Ill have to do this. 
Yeah, the downside is just that as soon as you use a newer (or just any other) build the caching needs to be done from the start -_-
Yup so Imperial academy heists first cutscene drops to 30 fps when showing the shuttle on the first play. Quit level replay same spot only drops to 50 fps the next play through. Third time maintains full speed at that spot.
(02-07-2015, 05:37 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]Yup so Imperial academy heists first cutscene drops to 30 fps when showing the shuttle on the first play.  Quit level replay same spot only drops to 50 fps the next play through.  Third time maintains full speed at that spot.

Interesting. Well ill be doing this in the future then. 
Is anyone working on fixing the letterbox aspect ratio during cutscenes?
am geting this problem dose anyone know how to this http://imgur.com/bheVkIr,hBHojlf#1