Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] Star Wars Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it normal that Hoth runs really bad?
Everything else except the starting lucas arts screen works ok.
Also how does locking on a target with the rockets work?

my specs:
i3 6100 @ 3.7GHZ
gtx 1050 2GB
8GB DDR4 RAM
(01-18-2017, 07:30 AM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]The framerate counter thing didn't work for me and i haven't tried dxwnd.  I only have like 4 levels left so I'm not really to concerned about it now.
 only works in direct3d not glide
 must have counter visible or doesn't fix camera issue

worked for me, tried on multiple systems (two laptops and two desktops)

all with nvidia gpu's.

Hatred

(01-20-2017, 09:10 PM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ] only works in direct3d not glide
 must have counter visible or doesn't fix camera issue

worked for me, tried on multiple systems (two laptops and two desktops)

all with nvidia gpu's.

When I try loading Rogue Squadron II it says the memory card isn't the right region. In the settings the USA memory card is the only option, 3 copies of it. The Eur and Jap folders are empty. Where are those memory card files?
(01-21-2017, 11:12 AM)Hatred Wrote: [ -> ]When I try loading Rogue Squadron II it says the memory card isn't the right region. In the settings the USA memory card is the only option, 3 copies of it. The Eur and Jap folders are empty. Where are those memory card files?

MemoryCardA.USA.raw = NTSC version of RS2

you shouldn't have a usa save if you have the pal game. i've never seen the 3 folders used, i think they are just there to illustrate the 3 regions, could be wrong though...
(01-07-2017, 05:15 PM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]And just as an FYI my 4790k at 4.9ghz can't keep 60fps on this game anymore.

So I was looking at possibly upgrading my video adapter from my on-board Intel HD 4000 graphics to something like a GTX 1060 (3GB) in order to play some more demanding emulated games like Rogue Squadron II & III.   However, after reading multiple posts on both the RS threads (including IceStrike's high-end PC example above), I'm not sure if this will make a powerful enough system to really cut it.  My i5 3570K is liquid cooled and I can overclock it to 4.8 GHz, so hopefully the CPU won't be the bottleneck in this case. I also have 8 GB of RAM which should hopefully be sufficient.

So should I be looking for a version of Dolphin 4.x (or an earlier build of Ishiiruka) if I want to have a hope in running both games at 60fps?  Or is this just a pipe dream?  Of course, this isn't even taking into account emulation bugs like the game crashing when switching on the targeting computer.  I don't play modern games, so buying a graphics card just for the sake of playing a few demanding emulated games is a very tough call, especially at Canadian prices ($275+ for a 3GB 1060).  I think it might be cheaper to buy a used GameCube with the 2 games, lol.

Any help / insight on this would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Visor
well in my testing i have found RS2 & 3 to be demanding on both CPU and GPU. My 750 TI can handle 3x IR on most GC games no problem but for RS2 i need 2x IR and RS3 I need 1.5 IR so that HD 4000 is really gonna hurt for RS2/3. Dolphin 5.0 is still a preferred sweet spot has lots of improvements over 4.0-XXXX but dynamic bat hasn't been merged so it doesn't kill performance.

sirarcsalot

Hey guys, I have a problem using the widescreen gecko code with this game. The game freezes on cutscenes and just has a buzz that repeats over and over to a black screen. I'm running the game at 3440x1440.

I've updated my computer to an I7 6700k, GTX 980SC
(02-17-2017, 03:09 PM)IceStrike256 Wrote: [ -> ]well in my testing i have found RS2 & 3 to be demanding on both CPU and GPU. My 750 TI can handle 3x IR on most GC games no problem but for RS2 i need 2x IR and RS3 I need 1.5 IR so that HD 4000 is really gonna hurt for RS2/3.  Dolphin 5.0 is still a preferred sweet spot has lots of improvements over 4.0-XXXX but dynamic bat hasn't been merged so it doesn't kill performance.

That's promising, as even the GTX 1050 is more powerful than a 750 TI (at least according to Tom's Hardware's GPU Hierarchy table). 

(10-23-2016, 06:28 AM)slarlac249 Wrote: [ -> ]5.0 stable for rogue leader
ishiiruka 727 stable for rebel strike
at some point on the ishiiruka dev builds, ground textures for hoth broke (missing white snow on ground)

If I can, I'd actually prefer to use Ishiiruka for both Rogue Squadron games in order to avoid the somewhat jarring pauses whenever a new shader is loaded.  I tried version 727 and can confirm that the ground textures on Hoth look broken.  I suppose I could try going back to even earlier versions to see if I can find one that works properly...

All that being said, my wife owns a Wii and I just picked up a Gamecube controller.  It would be significantly cheaper for me to just buy the games off eBay (along with a memory card) and play them on my 32" Sony Wega CRT or my 80" Sharp LCD (both via component connection).
(02-25-2017, 02:55 AM)Visor Wrote: [ -> ]That's promising, as even the GTX 1050 is more powerful than a 750 TI (at least according to Tom's Hardware's GPU Hierarchy table). 

If I can, I'd actually prefer to use Ishiiruka for both Rogue Squadron games in order to avoid the somewhat jarring pauses whenever a new shader is loaded.  I tried version 727 and can confirm that the ground textures on Hoth look broken.  I suppose I could try going back to even earlier versions to see if I can find one that works properly...

All that being said, my wife owns a Wii and I just picked up a Gamecube controller.  It would be significantly cheaper for me to just buy the games off eBay (along with a memory card) and play them on my 32" Sony Wega CRT or my 80" Sharp LCD (both via component connection).
I wouldn't bother playing it on the original wii, i found it blurry and not very clear, especially on the space missions and none of the hdmi adapters made the picture better.
Playing on the wii u however is great and the picture is a lot clearer and crisper over hdmi, and i love playing it on the pro controller, i have a console in my room and one in the lounge for when my nephew comes to stay as he loves star wars.

I say grab a wii u off ebay as they are going cheap atm, think people are getting rid of them to get a switch, not gonna bother myself as it looks/sounds like a glorfied nvidia tablet but with android..
Wait, what? Wii U can play Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike?