Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-08-2009, 04:35 PM)Klotzek Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2009, 02:52 PM)coolcat12 Wrote: [ -> ]Latest rev 3949 has frameskipping and this game is full speed like! Big Grin Thanks to the devs and XTra.KrazzY !!

Can you explain it to me?

before he does, I will:

in rev 3949 or higher, go to Emulation->FrameSkip->1or2. This will increase the game's performance by reducing the number of frames processed in Z-Buffer. By using a frameskip of 1, you are pretty much skipping half of the frames, on 2, you skip 2 frames every 3 that should be rendered and so on.
Works great, but breaks frame counter. With no frame skip i have 30 FPS (half speed) in observatory. Then I set it to skip half the frames, and it goes fullspeed, but FPS counter says 15, though the FPS should obviously still be 30. Reeeally a small deal though.Big Grin
A more serious issue though (Not sure what caused it) I'm not able to use the nunchuck control stick, neither if I set it to keyboard or to my 360 controller...
(08-09-2009, 01:12 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]Works great, but breaks frame counter. With no frame skip i have 30 FPS (half speed) in observatory. Then I set it to skip half the frames, and it goes fullspeed, but FPS counter says 15, though the FPS should obviously still be 30. Reeeally a small deal though.Big Grin
A more serious issue though (Not sure what caused it) I'm not able to use the nunchuck control stick, neither if I set it to keyboard or to my 360 controller...

nah, it's correct.

15 fps means that it renders 15 frames(images) per second. The VPS, however, is the true speed value.

By setting frameskip to 1, you are telling the emulator that from every 2 frames which it must process, you will skip 1. That's why game runs a lot faster, you are just reducing the processing.

Also to fix your issue, delete your old wiimote configuration and reconfigure it.
It's nothing wrong with the FPS counter, as it's correct in other games. It seems in SMG my FPS is reduced (in addition to being skipped). I assume it's because the whole thing is so slow to begin with, thinking a little logically I see that 30 FPS and half speed doesn't convert to 30 FPS and fullspeed, some power is used to speed up the game itself obviously, so therefore I lose some FPS.
Metroid Prime however runs excellently fullspeed with 1 frameskip, as I only was missing about 10 FPS before.Big Grin
And thanks for fixing my controller problem.
have less FPS in the new versions.
The SMG loses 4 FPS,same config,the watchdog is in 60,autoframeskipping in off.

fracicone

Does anybody else have the best performance in version 3949 and subsequent versions make things worse?
can i play rolling green galaxy with keyboard

what about loopdeeloop galaxy?????????
This is a bit off topic but, Does everyone still have the music cut off after a few minutes of play and then never really come back, or is that just me. Just wondering. PS I just play the soundtrack MP3s that I have to take care of the missing music, I have to queue up the songs myself but they're all named perfectly so I just find the galaxy/planet I'm at and play the song I need, obviously sounds better than the emu too hehe.
Yeah, this problem persists, live with it

(08-16-2009, 06:19 PM)hemandrmedia Wrote: [ -> ]can i play rolling green galaxy with keyboard

what about loopdeeloop galaxy?????????

Go to Wiimote settings and adjust roll & pitch movements here
And it's not off topic. This issue is spread across the entire thread. Please devs... for the love of Rosalina, fix this.Tongue