Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-16-2012, 06:34 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]The settings are okay.

btw: On which clock speed your i5-3750k run?

I've not messed with overclocking so it should be running at default clock speeds, 3.40Ghz. I've noticed that the clock speed is 3.60Ghz while the game is running, something I think is attributed to turbo boost.
You have to overlock your CPU. The i5-3750k is not strong enough @ clock speed to handle LLE.

Do you have a good aftermarket CPU cooler?
(06-16-2012, 06:50 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]You have to overlock your CPU. The i5-3750k is not strong enough @ clock speed to handle LLE.

Do you have a good aftermarket CPU cooler?

I have the stock heatsink and fan. I also don't have much experience with overclocking.
Quote:I have the stock heatsink and fan.

oh, so overlocking is not possible. Sad The stock cooler is not powerful enough, sorry.

(06-16-2012, 06:56 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I have the stock heatsink and fan.

oh, so overlocking is not possible. Sad The stock cooler is not powerful enough, sorry.

Really? How high to I have to overclock to get 100%?
I guess about 4.1/4.2/4.3Ghz - But forget it, with stock cooler, you won't be able to achieve this.
(06-16-2012, 07:00 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]I guess about 4.1/4.2/4.3Ghz - But forget it, with stock cooler, you won't be able to achieve this.

There's nothing else I can do? I noticed that with the game running only 60% of my CPU is being used. I can't take advantage of the remaining 40%?
The 4th person now having speed issues in Mario Galaxy...

I'm going to say it one last time: Super Mario Galaxy is playable on STOCK clocks on CPU's equivalent (and faster, obviously) to a 2500K.

Inirit, disable Fast Mipmaps, Cache Display Lists and Disable Per-Pixel Depth.
Your GPU can easily handle the x4 Internal Resolution, so make use of it.

Check Limit by FPS, which you can find at the configuration window, and see if that helps with the FPS.

As for the audio problems when using LLE.
We have had a discussion about this in this thread. Try doing what's suggested there.
(06-16-2012, 07:03 AM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]The 4th person now having speed issues in Mario Galaxy...

I'm going to say it one last time: Super Mario Galaxy is playable on STOCK clocks on CPU's equivalent (and faster, obviously) to a 2500K.

Inirit, disable Fast Mipmaps, Cache Display Lists and Disable Per-Pixel Depth.
Your GPU can easily handle the x4 Internal Resolution, so make use of it.

Check Limit by FPS, which you can find at the configuration window, and see if that helps with the FPS.

As for the audio problems when using LLE.
We have had a discussion about this in this thread. Try doing what's suggested there.

I've done what you said and as the LLE thread said, and the FPS has leveled out pretty well, but now I am experiencing the sound playing way too fast and sounding staticy when I go to the place that zooms out. The FPS remains at 60, just the sound messes up. While anywhere else in the hub world the sound is fine.

Edit: I reenabled throttling by audio and now it's playing practically perfectly (in the hub world anyway, I've yet to continue on to the real gameplay).

Edit2: The sound is still a bit jumpy in the first world.
So what are your settings and FPS now?