Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Im having trouble using a 360 controller or trouble mapping the buttons. I can get almost everything to work except walk! Does anyone have a config file I could use?
(03-08-2012, 12:02 AM)Cheefa Wrote: [ -> ]Im having trouble using a 360 controller or trouble mapping the buttons. I can get almost everything to work except walk! Does anyone have a config file I could use?

[Profile]
Device = XInput/0/Gamepad
Buttons/A = Button A
Buttons/B = Trigger R
Buttons/1 = Button Y
Buttons/2 = Button B
Buttons/- = Back
Buttons/+ = Start
Buttons/Home = Thumb R
IR/Up = Right Y+
IR/Down = Right Y-
IR/Left = Right X-
IR/Right = Right X+
IR/Hide = Shoulder R
Shake/Z = Button X
Extension = Nunchuk
Nunchuk/Buttons/C = Shoulder L
Nunchuk/Buttons/Z = Trigger L
Nunchuk/Stick/Up = Left Y+
Nunchuk/Stick/Down = Left Y-
Nunchuk/Stick/Left = Left X-
Nunchuk/Stick/Right = Left X+
Nunchuk/Shake/X = Thumb L
Rumble/Motor/Range = 126,000000
D-Pad/Up = Pad N
D-Pad/Down = Pad S
D-Pad/Left = Pad W
D-Pad/Right = Pad E

Here you go, this is perfect setup for 360 controller except you have to make another profile for riding bird and ball or use keyboard+mouse

Edit: Oh i thought it was smg2 topic, but controls are same so it will do.
(03-08-2012, 06:10 AM)Levaniko Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2012, 12:02 AM)Cheefa Wrote: [ -> ]Im having trouble using a 360 controller or trouble mapping the buttons. I can get almost everything to work except walk! Does anyone have a config file I could use?

[Profile]
Device = XInput/0/Gamepad
Buttons/A = Button A
Buttons/B = Trigger R
Buttons/1 = Button Y
Buttons/2 = Button B
Buttons/- = Back
Buttons/+ = Start
Buttons/Home = Thumb R
IR/Up = Right Y+
IR/Down = Right Y-
IR/Left = Right X-
IR/Right = Right X+
IR/Hide = Shoulder R
Shake/Z = Button X
Extension = Nunchuk
Nunchuk/Buttons/C = Shoulder L
Nunchuk/Buttons/Z = Trigger L
Nunchuk/Stick/Up = Left Y+
Nunchuk/Stick/Down = Left Y-
Nunchuk/Stick/Left = Left X-
Nunchuk/Stick/Right = Left X+
Nunchuk/Shake/X = Thumb L
Rumble/Motor/Range = 126,000000
D-Pad/Up = Pad N
D-Pad/Down = Pad S
D-Pad/Left = Pad W
D-Pad/Right = Pad E

Here you go, this is perfect setup for 360 controller except you have to make another profile for riding bird and ball or use keyboard+mouse

Edit: Oh i thought it was smg2 topic, but controls are same so it will do.

Thank you so much for this! Works good!
Dolphin performance behavior is really strange. Sometimes it runs perfectly fine for a longer time (rev 424, always use Dx11, HLE audio, 1080p, 3x internal resolution, 16AF, 0xAA, no crashes after big stars so far). But sometimes light effects or direct sunlight cause massive slowdowns in the same situation.

This is most obvious when the sun or whatever the bright white thing on the horizon is, is directly visible. In some levels switching the camera away from the sun almost doubles the framerate. Slowdown happens in levels with reddish sunlight effects also. In the main hub, when looking into the sunlight, FPS sometimes decreases a little bit only. But in exactly the same situation and at the same place, other times it gets extremely slow.

As I tried to check task manager to see if there is another program causing high CPU load (which was not the case), after switching back to dolphin after some seconds it crashed badly and even Windows wanted additional information to be sent in. Music bug (stops playing after some time) is still there but almost unnoticeable.

There seems to be something wrong with dolphin handling light effects in Mario Galaxy. I can see no use in LLE audio since games cannot be played at high resolution without having massive audio glitches. HLE is so much faster and does not depend on framerate.
Just because some light effects cause slowdown doesn't mean the emu's broken :/

And, btw, I think you missed a digit there Big Grin
Yeah, but whenever lens flare effects are seen, sometimes the fps goes down from 60 to 30 and then dolphin crashes. Other times there is only a small performance drop. Last time it crashed after fighting against the big spider at 13 fps. The game runs perfectly smooth on some days and on others it gets extremely slow after the first lens flare effects and then dolphin crashes.

2nd try:
I started the game, 50+FPS very smooth
Did a lens flare check in the main hub, no big change on FPS (when moving the camera into sunlight, sometimes the FPS drop down to 30 if the bug occurs)
On spider level FPS went down to 25, slowdown occured after first lens flare effect, this time dolphin did not crash.
After finishing the level back in main in hub FPS was still permanently lower than 25, unplayable.

As mentioned before sometimes the game runs perfectly smooth for many hours using exactly the the same configuration and settings.
If the bug occurs once, it permanently slows down the game.

yuna87052005

Hello everyone, can I ask you for help?
I readed a lot on Super Mario Galaxy emulation and I tried different settings but nothing seems to get it to 60 fps.
That's my PC:
CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K @3.40 GHz 4 cores (8 threads)
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 (GT2+)
RAM: 16 GB (4x4) - DDR3 669.0 MHz
Dolphin: 3.0-458 x64
Start-up menu 60fps, in game: Comet Observatory and galaxies 25-45 fps, Terrace: 55-58 fps.
I'm using LLE DSP for audio fix.
I'm using Direct3D9 instead of 11 cause it's seems faster.
It's playable but I guess it can run better on my pc.
Maybe I messed up on settings and I don't know what to do.
Thanks in advance.
Regards.
I'm guessing you havent read enough, theres no way to get close to fullspeed without oveclocking that processor to something above 4Ghz and also that processor coupled with that Graphic card is a matchmade in hell, stick to direct3d9 and set IR to 1x
you can play game nearly fullspeed but you have to change to DSP HLE and say goodbuy to game music, if that's ok with you you can try it
The dolphin project could need some specialized developers to fix the HLE audio issues and sound loops in many games, maybe some advertising at other HLE emulation projects would not be a bad thing. All existing developers could help by performing a little more marketing to win the right people for the project.

Also stability, efficiency and performance should be a more important goal for overall development, currently in both stable and dev branches, Dolphin sometimes crashes in almost any game for no reason at all and overall stability is way too much influenced by other applications and HDD activity on the system which absolutely should not be the case.

SMG could run perfectly with 60FPS in 1080p on most systems with a modern GPU if all these bugs were properly fixed and code would be optimized for efficiency and caching a little bit more.