Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
sorry I lied, I am running 4.7ghz here is my settings

@ 1920x1080

general:
enable dual core
enable idle skipping
enable cheat
framelimit auto
jit recompiler

dx9:
Internal resolution 2x, No AA, No AF
skip efb access
ignore format changes
efb copies virtual
external frame buffer disable
disable per pixel depth

LLE
Enable DTK music
audio backend Dsound

by the way, only reason I upgrade from my LGA1336 core i7 to sandy bridge, so I could overclock and play dolphin games properly
Use Dolphin 3.0.
I am using Dolphin-r7676

which newer, but if you think I should go back to dolphin 3.0 then I will give it a go
7676 is an unstable build, that's why you shouldn't use it.
ok thanks for the info, I will try dolphin 3.0 unless some suggests a better revision.

by the way, nice work guys, you made me upgrade my system for this Big Grin
thanks for that, it fixed the issue, although sometimes not so often the framerate drops which causes the audio to glitch, but its not that often so I could live with that

nice one neobrain.

I guess there is no reason to get latest and greatest without ready a bit more
Just to notify that R7128 x64 from EmuCR solvd all my problems.
I can confirm that SMG2 runs nearly perfect (minus the music problem ofcourse) on a Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.8GHz. I also have an MSI GTX 560ti so that probably helps the frames a lot as well. I'm running on Dolphin 3.0 with Open GL.

CHECK OPEN GL, is takes your frames up 10 fold!
woow...fiddling around with the settings I managed to get SMG2 to run at 60-62 at all times. At worse it has dropped to 55 when there are tons of clutter in the way. I don't know if its thanks to my CPU or graphics card. All I know is Open GL is godly when it comes to this game.

zomurn

Well, I'am still waiting for music functionning for both Super Mario Galaxy.
For me, it doesn't get worth to play this lovely game without music.
It is a pity, any advanced on this problem ? (which exist since several years ago)

Sad
no.