Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

gisel213

I wonder if my pc is i just built is good enough to run this it runs at 60FPS
but when alot of things are on screen or huge areas like honeyhive galaxy
it gets around 45 but when i face another direction it speeds back up to 60FPS??? any ideas

My Specs while using Dolphin rev7128 x64

AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4GHZ OC at 4GHZ stable no crashes
4xGB DDR3 1333
ATI Radeon 6850 1GB DDR5
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

is this a nice setup or should i have went with the Intel i7 CPU???
You should have gone with an i7 CPU

gisel213

(03-23-2011, 01:30 AM)Anti-Ultimate Wrote: [ -> ]You should have gone with an i7 CPU

Thanks will do just gotta buy a another board and CPU i was reading
that dolphin was optimized for intel CPU's i should have taken that
literally oh well i'll just have an extra gaming tower more fun for me!!!
Dolphin isn't specifically "optimized" for Intel CPUs, it just happens to run faster on them Smile
Quote:Just throwing this out there, I'm playing SMG on the latest build of dolphin for Mac OSX 10.6.6, getting around 30fps, somethings upto 40-45fps.

Have any other Mac users been getting good speeds? If so what are your configs? I've been trying with the window options, but some of the options just arre not there. Just wanted to see if I can squeeze some more frames outta this!

Thanks!

Hi,
I'm using the OSX build of Dolphin as it actually runs better than the Windows version via Bootcamp, a slightly earlier revision: 7274 from memory I think. I can get better fps on Mario Galaxy 2 weirdly. But I can't really get above 50fps fullscreen in Galaxy to be honest. Virtually every other game - Other M, DK Returns etc. tec. runs full speed, fullscreen at 720p apart from the two Galaxy games - guess they're just graphically intensive games that need a faster CPU. What Mac do you have?

What do you mean some of the window options are not there?
You misconfigured the Windows version.
I have these specs: intel quad-core q6600 2.4 GHz, 4GB RAM, ATI HD4670. With default settings. And Super Mario Galaxy runs about 20-25 fps. Which are better settings?? Thanks.
Just got a new 2500k cpu and damn, this thing feels like its 3x faster than my old e8400 (I'm oc'ed by the way to 4.5, but I don't think I would even have any need to do any OC'ing).

Anyway, I have a question regarding this game. With the framerate counter up, the game stays at a constant 60fps but I've noticed a little stuttering that occurs randomly. Is this normal, because the framerate counter doesn't even budge when the stuttering happens. I tried HLE and LLE and they both produce the same results.

Its fine anyway if its an emulation bug since the game runs like a dream now compared to before. Hopefully later levels keep up with the same performance.
(04-05-2011, 01:24 PM)georaldc Wrote: [ -> ]Just got a new 2500k cpu and damn, this thing feels like its 3x faster than my old e8400 (I'm oc'ed by the way to 4.5, but I don't think I would even have any need to do any OC'ing).

Anyway, I have a question regarding this game. With the framerate counter up, the game stays at a constant 60fps but I've noticed a little stuttering that occurs randomly. Is this normal, because the framerate counter doesn't even budge when the stuttering happens. I tried HLE and LLE and they both produce the same results.

Its fine anyway if its an emulation bug since the game runs like a dream now compared to before. Hopefully later levels keep up with the same performance.

I have the same CPU, and it will keep the performance all the time. The only time I noticed barely noticeable slowdowns here and there are on fire levels with lots of heat distortion and whatnot, but even then, it's random and only drops by 2-3 fps for a few seconds. Also, depending on your graphics settings, I've noticed there is a slight slowdown when jumping into to water the splashes up for some reason.

Johkam

Why the ingames video plays fast?is that happening to you too is that normal?i have test a lot of setting but nothing,the mario on the first video cut,runs like hell to avoid the meteors and speak like a little girl.Sad