Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-30-2012, 03:58 AM)DefenderX Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, there would appear a appearance called downsampling -> http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread...#pid216103

The 4x IR seems to put me at a 10-15% speed decrease and the 3x at about 3% speed decrease on and off. If I can get DX9 to work, I will probably get full speed. What can I do to repair it? I remember I had a lot of difficulty installing DirectX9 when I first got this computer. Dolphin would not work until I installed directX9, but the computer kept telling me that I already had it installed, so I eventually found some download that my computer accepted. I'm not sure if it was bad or not.
SMG was the third game I've played from start to finish on Dolphin (after NSMBW and Skyward Sword) and the only one I wasn't able to get running quite as smoothly as I wanted. I gave up on trying to get it to run at 3x IR or higher and just played it at 1920 x 1080 without antialiasing (I'm not complaining, it looks great at this resolution). I'd say it ran perfectly for around 85% of the game but for the other 15% I got drops of 4 - 6 fps which generally seemed to be a result of lots of stuff happening on-screen and/or getting an invincibility star or ice flower. Without LLE, 4x IR is no problem but of course HLE doesn't work properly with this game. LLE on thread caused pretty frequent crashes so I decided not to use it.
Quote:LLE on thread caused pretty frequent crashes so I decided not to use it.

Did you try a more recent version of Dolphin? I've never had problems with LLE on thread.
Weird, I was using 3.0-645 and I'd get a random crash every 5 or 10 minutes with LLE on thread checked. I didn't see the game crash once after I unchecked it.
There is no speed up with LLE on thread for the zelda ucode games. The zelda ucode games include:

MKDD
MKWii
SMG
SMG2
SMS
ZSS
ZTP
ZWW

I am thinking about auto-disabling LLE on thread when these games are detected.
(05-30-2012, 09:05 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]There is no speed up with LLE on thread for the zelda ucode games. The zelda ucode games include:

MKDD
MKWii
SMG
SMG2
SMS
ZSS
ZTP
ZWW

I am thinking about auto-disabling LLE on thread when these games are detected.

Oh that's interesting, is there any side effect to enabling it anyway? or is it just ignored? Perhaps it could be added to game .ini's.

The side effect is that due to the inherent non-determinism of multi-threaded programs, the zelda ucode games hang randomly.

If you are not encountering this, you may as well leave it on all of the time (I do, as it's easier than switching it on and off every time I switch games).
With the 3.0 681 buildof dolphin I managed to get SMG to Run with 4x IR and LLE with no problems. Its strange that official 3.0 Build is that much slower. I also have AA at only 2 samples. Anything higher gave to much sound skipping. thanks for everyones help.
I can't get this game to run as smooth as some people are claiming. I've played it up to the hub world and for the most part it runs alright, but there are times where the FPS will dip to 50-55 and the audio will become choppy (the audio becoming choppy really is the most annoying part). A specific location where this happens is parts of the hub world, especially when you go to the place that zooms all the way out.

I've been using the recommended settings listed on the wiki and have tried using the 3.0 release and 3.0-689 version of Dolphin, but I get very similar performance. I've tried altering various settings to see what could alleviate this slowdown. There's two settings that, if either are enabled, actually bring me up to 100% speed. Enabling "Cache Display Lists" or "Skip Dest. Alpha Pass" gets me to 60 FPS, but the wiki claims the first option will cause problems and the second option creates buggy graphics. Something I thought would have an effect, but had none whatsoever, was disabling fullscreen and then using 1x internal resolution, but the performance was the exact same.

Here is a list of my relevant settings: http://i.imgur.com/JW9ai.jpg

Is there anything I can do to get this running reliably at full speed?
The settings are okay.

btw: On which clock speed your i5-3750k run?