Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it even legal to use this RTM version?
Ask Bill Gates , Sucker ^^

GrantXP

Hi,
Hoping someone can help me. Dolphin works great for all my GC games, mario kart dd, mario sunshine, zelda tp. However, Mario Galaxy was my first Wii game and i am using the open gl plugin and it just hangs when I load the image. I have enabled the hack and tried the direct3d plugin with no luck. Can anyone help. I have a GTX 260, intel quad core?

Appreciate any response. Let me know if anyone needs more info.

G

PS - First post. be kind
I needed to switch off progressive scan... now works! WOW!
1 ) Give us your PC specs , please , the rev you use too .

2 ) Have you read the Dolphin requirement thread and installed everything as stated ?

3 ) Am I kind enough ? ^^
Cn anyone reccomend a new rev for me. Apparently all the new ones have issues with galaxy. I think something new might have been implemened that breaks compatability. kind like with MGS
(08-05-2009, 04:14 AM)Painguy Wrote: [ -> ]Cn anyone reccomend a new rev for me. Apparently all the new ones have issues with galaxy. I think something new might have been implemened that breaks compatability. kind like with MGS

What issues do you mean? I just wanted to make a list of the issues I noticed:

- Huge slowdowns in some areas (the observatory, galaxies with a lot of stuff to draw). These slowdowns goes away if you look at some wall, the floor, etc, so it seems to be a gfx-issue and not like in TP...

- The background music stops after some time. Enabling Unlimited JIT Cache increases that time till that happens, because it always stops after a code-cache-clearing. But it also stopps at a certain timelimit, I quess this is when the music should be looped (played again).

- Except of the (small version of the) blured box in the upper part of the screen we know from TP, there are also some parts where the screen gets totally blured. That happens mostly at parts where lava is shown, but also at some weird parts (for example inner rooms).

- At some parts the Wiimote has kind of problems (I'm using an emulated wiimote): The courser seems to be fixed, although you can move it. But even if you point at something and for example shoot a star-thing, it goes not where the wiimote points at, but at a certain part of the screen. Even if you move, that doesn't disappear, you have to leave the scene to make it work again. This is sometimes really annoying, as it sometimes also happen at parts where you have to grab blue stars.
The Wiimote pointer bug can be really annoying. I've read somewhere in this thread that switching views can help, but in my experience it doesn't always do the trick. Switching to 1st person and then back to 3rd is more effective I think.
I using a newer build so it tends to be slower than others. i believe its due to a recent change in dolphins source. anyway. i was just wondering what verion others are using. i heard 3864 was very good, but i only found 3867. i was wondering what others are using and if they could post a link to that certain build. i know dolphin is not without issues and thats perfectly fine. the team has been doing great considering how weird the GC hardware is.
I have 0 issues with the latest builds in smg.

coolcat12

(08-06-2009, 08:04 AM)Chaoscode Wrote: [ -> ]I have 0 issues with the latest builds in smg.

So you are running full speed no slow downs? Or just no bugs.glitches.