Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just to let everyone know, I use a 360 controller and can play the game perfectly so far and it's running at what I assume is full speed in all areas.

I DO have a problem though.

During the battle with the first boss in the first galaxy (the snake-neck thing in the giant egg), after I hit the head and it slingshots back to break the egg, the whole screen goes black and won't return. The game is still playing as I can hear Mario getting his butt kicked, but no visuals.

Has anyone else had this happen and if so, do you have a fix?

Thanks.
I had this issue several times. I solved it by playing those levels in which this happened with opengl plugin. It was a bit slow, but still playable. I think this is an issue with the directx plugin.

I have a problem with sweet sweet galaxy. On the map I can see it should be there, but there is no way to start this galaxy. And I don't remember feeding a gourmet luma, though maybe I just forgot. Anyone else had this issue?
It's kinda annoying because of this I can't beat the game with 121 stars. Although I don't know if I get all of them anyway. I just got number 71.
(03-06-2010, 09:09 AM)Balupu Wrote: [ -> ]I had this issue several times. I solved it by playing those levels in which this happened with opengl plugin. It was a bit slow, but still playable. I think this is an issue with the directx plugin.

I have a problem with sweet sweet galaxy. On the map I can see it should be there, but there is no way to start this galaxy. And I don't remember feeding a gourmet luma, though maybe I just forgot. Anyone else had this issue?
It's kinda annoying because of this I can't beat the game with 121 stars. Although I don't know if I get all of them anyway. I just got number 71.

Lol yea but cant beat the game cuz after what Mario says welcome new galaxy screen goes black but I heard 1 way fix this with nullsound but that in the older builds now so yeah. Also I experience that problem also. At 73 stars too xD
[quote='Balupu' pid='72444' dateline='1267830558']
I had this issue several times. I solved it by playing those levels in which this happened with opengl plugin. It was a bit slow, but still playable. I think this is an issue with the directx plugin.

Thanks, OpenGL didn't mess up at that spot. I've now switched back to Dx but is there any way to just use OpenGl and get normal speeds?
Well, it seems that the video breaks on every big boss. Do I need to switch to OpenGl for every boss star or does anyone else know a better way around this?
Nope, you need to switch every time. Unless you can beat boss with black screen and manage to save after that...

And it's possible to configure OpenGL to normal speeds, but the graphics will be much, much worse than on DX9. I personally never use opengl unless presented with no other options.

P.S. Video doesn't break at every boss animation, just the piranha king and some others later on.
(03-07-2010, 07:42 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Nope, you need to switch every time. Unless you can beat boss with black screen and manage to save after that...

And it's possible to configure OpenGL to normal speeds, but the graphics will be much, much worse than on DX9. I personally never use opengl unless presented with no other options.

P.S. Video doesn't break at every boss animation, just the piranha king and some others later on.

I never had that probem before besides the after the ending I said but gonna have to switch to other plugin but oh well try it in a min...

EDIT: Didnt work sadly just more laggy with OGL...
Mario's eyes are white.

Any way to fix that?
(03-08-2010, 05:42 AM)Heavy Wrote: [ -> ]Mario's eyes are white.

Any way to fix that?

No.
I assume there is also no fix for the music suddenly stopping?
Those two (eyes blank and music disappears after 3-5 mins) are probably oldest bugs of Dolphin. Sorry to say but I think the devs just don't care anymore or weren't able to find a solution. I doubt the latter though, seeing how complex the entire project itself is (so an audio fix would be simple)