Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-27-2010, 12:57 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]Ya, I think that's pretty much confirmed by now.. Black screen problem only applies to nvidia 8000+ series cards and some integrated intel/SiS video chips. Nobody with ati has this.

Realize that too but I havent ran problems like this before... Yet? =|
settings please in picture

elroy72

(03-26-2010, 10:19 PM)Killersnake432 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2010, 09:55 PM)elroy72 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2010, 09:30 PM)Killersnake432 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-26-2010, 12:58 PM)elroy72 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys first time using Dolphin and such... I'm experiencing something I've only seen one person on here experiance as well as me, with no solution.

When playing in D3D9 mode, It black screens right after choosing which file to play at the very beginning.

I can play on OpenGL but it's Blah.

What version your using? Whats your specs too?

I'm using Version R4771 playing the NTSC Version.

Computer Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit
AMD Athlon II X4 620 Quad Core
Nvidia Geforce 9800GT
2GB Ram

I figure that is powerful enough to run it fine Tongue I'm thinking a configuration issue.

Try a new version in the SVN section! Theres different compliers.

I actually tried the SVN version before I got this release off the website. It black screens even before the game starts (when i first load the game, nothing but a black screen comes up).

(03-27-2010, 12:35 AM)Spartan234 Wrote: [ -> ]Just a little poll: which version of nvidia drivers are you using?
Because it seems to be an Nvidia graphic cards related problem...

Driver version 196.21... seen here.
[attachment=2890]

EDIT: Checked nvidia site, 197.13 is available. Downloading now, will update.

EDIT2: OK, Downloaded and installed new drivers, also redownloaded SVN version. I load up SMG using D3D9 and it loads! go to planet select thing, make a new one with mario... he has eyes! cross my fingers and start the game... the intro loads! so far so good.
With the new Svn R5251 working the Matter Splatter Galaxy!!!
Thank you Dolphin team!
(03-31-2010, 07:43 AM)Attelee Wrote: [ -> ]With the new Svn R5251 working the Matter Splatter Galaxy!!!
Thank you Dolphin team!

Well thats nice to know lol
seriously? which plugin? DX9 or OGL? this i have to try.
I know the Boo Matter Splatter *hidden star* one worked just have to die once lol havent tryed Matter Splatter Galaxy yet
just curious.. is the music cut-off issue still exist? i can run the game full speed 55 to 60fps other than this issue...
(03-31-2010, 07:43 AM)Attelee Wrote: [ -> ]With the new Svn R5251 working the Matter Splatter Galaxy!!!
Thank you Dolphin team!
For what it's worth, it has actually been working since r5243 already Wink
Apparently the ghost floor effect depends on division by zero being emulated correctly, quite interesting Big Grin
EDIT: What this means is, that it wasn't a graphics driver bug or something with either the OpenGL/D3D/SWRast graphics plugins but a CPU emulation issue.
(04-01-2010, 03:14 PM)fuc847 Wrote: [ -> ]just curious.. is the music cut-off issue still exist? i can run the game full speed 55 to 60fps other than this issue...

Yes, the game works fine except for the music cut-off, which remains an open issue.