Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again, since a few hours I'm trying to finde out why I'm suddenly having FPS (~43) problems.

I tested a lot of different games since my post here and I changed the configuration also a lot to fit the different games.

Today I wanted to play Mario again and set the configuration back to the state I posted above.

The problem I have now is that I'm getting only about 43 FPS. I think I turned every option in the dolphine configuration on and off but I can't get back to my ~50 FPS (PAL).

If I set the Frame Limit to 50 I get only ~43FPS.
If i set the Frame Limit to 60 I get even less FPS.
If i set it to OFF I get exactly the same FPS as on my posted screenshots from the linked post. The problem is that the game runs to fast in certain areas then....

Edit: Setting the Frame Limit to AUton gives me a FPS of ~30 aqnd lowser.

If someone has an idea what is causing this... I would be happy to try everything...

Oh, and I didn't change my hardware/software configuration!
I remember setting a Frame Limit of 50,60 or Auto but I'm sure I didn't use the OFF function!
you should really update dolphin. the latest versions use have an fps framelimiter that works pretty well for cases like yours. also, mario now has eyes.
(05-23-2010, 05:00 AM)Nabs Wrote: [ -> ]you should really update dolphin. the latest versions use have an fps framelimiter that works pretty well for cases like yours. also, mario now has eyes.

I just did that and wanted to tell that I got my FPS back Big Grin. It's really a good idea to do that!!
(05-23-2010, 02:55 AM)Balupu Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-22-2010, 11:03 AM)Phry Wrote: [ -> ]I am using the DX9 plugin. So far it's crashed twice, both at the first plant boss. After you get him out of the egg the screen turns pitch black. It's always at that same spot, ideas? Sad

Known issue. Beat that spots with opengl plugin and you're fine.

Well that's upsetting. Sad OpenGL looks worse and is very unstable FPS wise. Here's hoping for a fix! Ill try the new dolphin version, maybe that will work.

Anyhow, I am grateful for this emulator, it's amazing.
Well I just "fixed" it. Big Grin I disabled AA and so far works on all the bosses without crashing. Thanks for the help!
Sup guys, I am having problems running Mario Galaxy in my system (sig)

The game run very slow, around 50% and no matter what I do the FPS wont change

Using the Dolphin 2.0 x64 version

By the way, I tried the D3D9 and OGL plugins, both with the same results

Xenthalon

edit: wrong mario galaxy thread Smile

DjParagon

(05-23-2010, 10:44 AM)Phry Wrote: [ -> ]Well I just "fixed" it. Big Grin I disabled AA and so far works on all the bosses without crashing. Thanks for the help!

This is great news guys ! I tried with r5461 and the new ZTP Hyrule Field without AA, and the game didn't went black at Dino Pirahna's fight.
It's so awesome ! Finally I can play with a constant 60 fps again (and 40 at the Observatory) !

I've tried try the normal DX9 (works even better, at least visually, awesome blur effect against Dino) but the AA didn't pass. So I guess the AA is causing the error and black screen. That's weird !

I will tell you if I got any other black screen further in the game.

Antioch

Hi all, I'm new to Dolphin. I've got a Wii but am sick and tired of it's low resolution rendering so I'm trying Dolphin out. I've got my Mario Galaxy copy on my PC now and tried firing it up in Dolphin (r5467). It loads but boy is it laggy.

Is it possible to play SMG at fullspeed 99% of the time? What settings should I use?

I have a pretty strong computer so I'm a bit confused as to why others seem to get 60fps constantly and I bounce around from the 10s to the 50s. I've tried OpenGL and D3D, the latter is better but nowhere near good enough to play enjoyably. I've also run it at native resolution, 720p, and 1080p with no AA or anything -- all settings lagged the same way.

Core i7
4GB Ram
Radeon 5870

Thanks in advance for the help!
post your dolphin settings.