Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SMG is graphics/CPU intensive game . Nvidia GT 540M can't handle any higher than 1x IR on that game
Try "Settings for best speed" and untick "skip EFB to CPU access"
Dolphin 3.0 (without any number behind it) also give you better performance than the latest Dolphin
(10-08-2012, 02:15 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]SMG is graphics/CPU intensive game . Nvidia GT 540M can't handle any higher than 1x IR on that game
Try "Settings for best speed" and untick "skip EFB to CPU access"
Dolphin 3.0 (without any number behind it) also give you better performance than the latest Dolphin

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that out right now.

Don't really care about the graphics so much so 1x IR s fine with me.
I am wondering though, how come the old GF 9500 could handle 1.5x and yet 540m can't?

EDIT: Tried it out with 3.0 and the settings you suggested and got a decent increase in FPS, now it is playable. Thanks a lot man!
By the way, does the "disable sound" in grand star levels still work?
Quote:how come the old GF 9500 could handle 1.5x and yet 540m can't
Don't know about that but Nvidia GT 540M is much more powerful than the old 9500GT . Nvidia GT 540M cna handle 2.5x IR on most games except those graphics intensive games
I used to play this game with 2x IR , no AA , 16x AF on my desktop (E5300 @ 3.6GHz + Nvidia 9800GT ) , i got 40 - 60 FPS (Dolphin 3.0)
1x IR hurt my eyes so i don't play it on laptop
(10-08-2012, 03:06 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:how come the old GF 9500 could handle 1.5x and yet 540m can't
Don't know about that but Nvidia GT 540M is much more powerful than the old 9500GT . Nvidia GT 540M cna handle 2.5x IR on most games except those graphics intensive games
I used to play this game with 2x IR , no AA , 16x AF on my desktop (E5300 @ 3.6GHz + Nvidia 9800GT ) , i got 40 - 60 FPS (Dolphin 3.0)
1x IR hurt my eyes so i don't play it on laptop

Yeah, that's the weird part. I can't run it properly even on 1x IR,but I think it is because Dolphin uses only 50% of CPU when running and therefore I am at about 55-60% speed. Do you know of a way to make Dolphin use the CPU fully?
Quote:I think it is because Dolphin uses only 50% of CPU when running and therefore I am at about 55-60% speed
Yeah, it's normal
Reason : HyperThreading (HT)
Mobile i5 = Dual Core + HT = 2 cores , 4 threads -> 50%
Mobile i7 = Quad Core + HT = 4 cores , 8 threads -> 20-30%
Don't worry about it
Quote:Do you know of a way to make Dolphin use the CPU fully?
Enable "Lock threads to core"
(10-08-2012, 09:44 AM)Bludger Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't need to use LLE once when I played it back then, all that was required was to disable sound for the Grand Star levels in SMG2 or the last level in SMG1. Yet again proving that you don't know what you're talking about

I have to admit that disabling sound is a great way to solve these issues. However I suppose a lot of guys prefer a more academical way and they surely all know what they're doing when using LLE

(10-08-2012, 09:44 AM)Bludger Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I already said that I have completed both SMG's 100% without any freaking LLE or your mystical frame caps that you obviously pulled out of somewhere unrealistic.

I'm gonna assume you were joking here. As I did when reading your sig Wink

(10-08-2012, 10:36 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2012, 09:44 AM)Bludger Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't need to use LLE once when I played it back then, all that was required was to disable sound for the Grand Star levels in SMG2 or the last level in SMG1. Yet again proving that you don't know what you're talking about

I have to admit that disabling sound is a great way to solve these issues. However I suppose a lot of guys prefer a more academical way and they surely all know what they're doing when using LLE

(10-08-2012, 09:44 AM)Bludger Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I already said that I have completed both SMG's 100% without any freaking LLE or your mystical frame caps that you obviously pulled out of somewhere unrealistic.

I'm gonna assume you were joking here. As I did when reading your sig Wink

No I am not joking, I even have a screenshot of me having all 242 stars in SMG2 in the SMG2 thread somewhere. Now please stop replying with your useless nonsense child.
If you disable sound, you can in fact pass the grand star levels. Having no sound whatsoever is pretty crappy though.

So yes, LLE isn't entirely needed to finish the game, but it is for me to enjoy is since the music is awesome. That's just me though as I love music in video games.
(10-09-2012, 06:07 AM)Bludger Wrote: [ -> ]No I am not joking, I even have a screenshot of me having all 242 stars in SMG2 in the SMG2 thread somewhere. Now please stop replying with your useless nonsense child.

Read again your last two sentences and you might realize where the nonsense is. I see "children" like you everyday in my job so don't be presumptuous
I've been trying to figure out the tilt controls for the Rolling Masterpeice Galaxy (In SMG2) but I can't get them down. The entire level is unplayable because I don't have the config.

Galaxy I'm referring to.

[Image: 7BbfD.jpg]

I have a 360 pad and a keyboard/mouse. Anybody have suggestions or layouts I could use?

Thanks for reading. Big Grin