Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [Wii] Super Mario Galaxy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-28-2010, 09:09 PM)Cloudfire Wrote: [ -> ]Ok i have fiddled around with the settings in Dolphin, I have downloaded noumerous revisions, and i am still not 100% satisfied with the game.
Anyone here who have a stable 60 FPS?
If you want a 100% gameplay satisfaction then play it on your wii, as it's not going to happen in Dolphin anytime soon.

The Observatory is one of the heaviest areas in the whole game, but a decent machine should handle it quite well. Mine stays at 60fps or above most of the time.
(08-28-2010, 11:43 PM)kernel64 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-28-2010, 09:09 PM)Cloudfire Wrote: [ -> ]Ok i have fiddled around with the settings in Dolphin, I have downloaded noumerous revisions, and i am still not 100% satisfied with the game.
Anyone here who have a stable 60 FPS?
If you want a 100% gameplay satisfaction then play it on your wii, as it's not going to happen in Dolphin anytime soon.

The Observatory is one of the heaviest areas in the whole game, but a decent machine should handle it quite well. Mine stays at 60fps or above most of the time.
Could you post your Specs and Settings? Include Resolution please

I have an i7-920 (at 2,8 GHz), HD 5970 and Rampage III Extreme Motherboard.

I'm running the game at 1920x1080 and it's like 30 FPS in the Observatory. When I play it on 1280x720 I get the same FPS so I don't think it's the Resolution. I'm even getting 30 FPS there on Lower Resolutions.

It's actually quite funny, I can Run Crysis on Max at 1920x1080 with about 45-60 FPS but I can't run Mario Tongue

Also I'm using the Standard Dolphin 2.0 which is on the Main Site
Are you running directx9?
and set EFB Copy to Texture?
you should post your settings.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Could you post your Specs and Settings? Include Resolution please

I have an i7-920 (at 2,8 GHz), HD 5970 and Rampage III Extreme Motherboard.

I'm running the game at 1920x1080 and it's like 30 FPS in the Observatory. When I play it on 1280x720 I get the same FPS so I don't think it's the Resolution. I'm even getting 30 FPS there on Lower Resolutions.

It's actually quite funny, I can Run Crysis on Max at 1920x1080 with about 45-60 FPS but I can't run Mario Tongue

Also I'm using the Standard Dolphin 2.0 which is on the Main Site

[/quote]

it´s possible to play the game at 60 fps , but people that say that is possible have a Core i7 at 4GHz. This game doesn´t need Graphic POWER but CPU POWER. So you will need a better cpu to ply the game at 60fps or just play it in yours WII Tongue
Ok.
Pretty sick stuff if you need a 4GHz processor to get 60FPS in a crappy 640x480 resolution when i can play the newest games with 1080p and lots of enhancements on and still dont struggle. haha
I have a i7 720qm 2.8 GHz CPU. And i get 40-60 FPS in SMG.

I`ve been told that this is a CPU intensive program, but why havent they coded the Dolphin so that it use GPU aswell? I mean, you wont get very far with games if you have one of the best CPUs around but a crappy GPU with todays games. Wouldn`t it be more beneficial to let the GPU do some of the tasks?
Could be a noobish question because i dont know anything about programming.
(08-29-2010, 02:59 AM)Cloudfire Wrote: [ -> ]Ok.
Pretty sick stuff if you need a 4GHz processor to get 60FPS in a crappy 640x480 resolution when i can play the newest games with 1080p and lots of enhancements on and still dont struggle. haha
I have a i7 720qm 2.8 GHz CPU. And i get 40-60 FPS in SMG.

I`ve been told that this is a CPU intensive program, but why havent they coded the Dolphin so that it use GPU aswell? I mean, you wont get very far with games if you have one of the best CPUs around but a crappy GPU with todays games. Wouldn`t it be more beneficial to let the GPU do some of the tasks?
Could be a noobish question because i dont know anything about programming.

Because GC/Wii hardware =/= PC hardware. It doesn't matter if crysis runs at 500 fps highest details on on one's rig. Not only is the game's code being executed but the whole hardware, including CPU, is being emulated. Besides, Dolphin uses GPU for all possible tasks, and even in PC gaming you're still limited by the power of your CPU, no matter how powerful your GPU is( even I7 is very often a bottleneck for modern high-end cards f.e)

Guys, check out Revision 6139. It works like a beast on my computer!
It gave me 4-8 FPS extra with DX9!! And OpenGL performs waaaay better. According to google code there havent been any change to DX9. That is weird.

fagoatse: Thanks for responding. From all the responses it seems like CPU did the whole thing and like the GPU did almost nothing. Thats why i asked Smile
I do have my doubt that I7, a Quad Core, is ---VERY OFTEN--- a bottleneck though. If so you must be talking about the best of the best GPU...
(08-29-2010, 01:58 AM)thaCASHdude Wrote: [ -> ]and set EFB Copy to Texture?
Ok here are my Settings (I only list things that are ON):

General:
Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
Enable Cheats
HLE to ITP (recommended)
JIT Recompiler (recommended)
DSPLLE on Thread
Use Panic Handlers
Hide Cursor: Always
Theme: Vista

Plugins: Direct3D9

Direct3D:
Anti-Alias Mode: 2.25 SSAA (Note: Not a Single FPS more, tested in Obseratory, with AA Off)
Enable CPU->EBF Access

Enhancements: Nothing

Advanced:
Disable Fog
Overlay FPS Counter
Enable EBF Copy: To Texture

That's it.

So what am I doing wrong (besides not OCing my CPU to 4 GHz)

Note I am trying to Run this game at 1920x1080, also note that at 1280x720 and 640x480 I get NO FPS BOOST (Tested in Observatory). It's Exactly the same at Any Resolution and Any Anti-Aliasing

(09-01-2010, 05:32 AM)Zoran12345 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-29-2010, 01:58 AM)thaCASHdude Wrote: [ -> ]and set EFB Copy to Texture?
Ok here are my Settings (I only list things that are ON):

General:
Enable Dual Core
Enable Idle Skipping
Enable Cheats
HLE to ITP (recommended)
JIT Recompiler (recommended)
DSPLLE on Thread
Use Panic Handlers
Hide Cursor: Always
Theme: Vista

Plugins: Direct3D9

Direct3D:
Anti-Alias Mode: 2.25 SSAA (Note: Not a Single FPS more, tested in Obseratory, with AA Off)
Enable CPU->EBF Access

Enhancements: Nothing

Advanced:
Disable Fog
Overlay FPS Counter
Enable EBF Copy: To Texture

That's it.

So what am I doing wrong (besides not OCing my CPU to 4 GHz)

Note I am trying to Run this game at 1920x1080, also note that at 1280x720 and 640x480 I get NO FPS BOOST (Tested in Observatory). It's Exactly the same at Any Resolution and Any Anti-Aliasing

Wow..... a noob with high end hardware... go figure. I would make a long post on your previous posts full of ignorance.... but, i'll just say one important thing.

-You're using Dolphin 2.0, everything you complain about is frigging useless, there have been countless new revisions (even for specific cpu code). Actually, they release new revisions almost daily that fix a lot of things... so update consistently if you're into this....